INC 1978 Fender Bronco

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

speedfish

Post by speedfish »

finboy wrote:If fender reissues them they would probably come with a strat trem
That would be a Cyclone with one single coil pickup. :?
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
HNB

Post by HNB »

It came today. Probably the fastest ship I have had from Japan. Ever.

It is wonderful. Sounds great. Neck is a bit thicker than my Japanese ones, but not as thick as the MIM necks I have had. Nice low action with no buzz. Bridge pickup is great. Pots are clean of noise.

The tremolo is way cool. Adjusting the intonation was easier than any other bridge I have used. Loosen the screw and slide it. No cranking and cranking to move saddles back and forth. The floating tremolo is great. Similar to a Jaguar/Jazzmaster tremolo, but a little different also.

Pictures will be later. My wife is off so she is on my computer. (Sounds awesome through my Centaur clones.)
markarkark

Post by markarkark »

Saw this one on ebay - it looks great! I'm surprised by the variety in finish on these white Broncos (and some of the late MMs) considering the models were only made for a few years and have a poly paint job - thought it was only nitro that yellowed so wildly.
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

people like to believe that poly doesn check either, but my jagstang(96) is finished checking like a MOFO!
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

fender must have destroyed the molds or whatever they used for making those trems and probably because that trem/bridge only ever made it onto one guitar. it seems that most others were used on at least a couple of models making them more cost effective to produce. and with them gone, it only makes it even more unlikely that they'd ever be re-produced. shit sucks because that trem alone can go over $200 on ebay for an intact set including the reverb handle. =[
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

dots wrote:fender must have destroyed the molds or whatever they used for making those trems and probably because that trem/bridge only ever made it onto one guitar. it seems that most others were used on at least a couple of models making them more cost effective to produce. and with them gone, it only makes it even more unlikely that they'd ever be re-produced. shit sucks because that trem alone can go over $200 on ebay for an intact set including the reverb handle. =[
It's a shame because it was Leo's last trem design before he left Fender. The Bronco didn't come out until 1967, but what I have read about was Leo designed it before CBS took over.

I have tried to figure out several times what it would cost to produce them again. Kinda of a limited market though.
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
HNB

Post by HNB »

It is a great system.
Benmurray85

Post by Benmurray85 »

tis gorgeous! jealous :oops:
How Terribly Rock N Roll
Mike wrote:That's like honk squared. too much fucking honk.
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

Bastard. I'm so jelly. I've always wanted a Bronco. I really hope they do reissue them but they probably won't have the same bridge/trem
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

there is a place in chippewa falls WI that will pretty much make anything out of metal. they have a badass laser cnc machince of doom and gloom, if you send them something its like 75 bucks to have it copied and programed into the system, and then after that they will make however many you want for the price of metal plus like 1 percent its stupid cheap. i have played with the idea of sending them pickguards, getting them copied and then being able to obtain a brushed steel jaguar guard for 6 bucks and selling it on ebay for 60. im sure they could do the top piece, but the bottom piece may be another story.
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

The guy that took over the custom control plates from Rhoney said he will do a bronco trem if someone sends him one to be copied. Hint hint HNB. I just saw a bronco trem go for $250 on eBay.
Addam

Post by Addam »

I was under the impression they only did flat laser cut pieces, rather than 3d pressings.
Also, one machined from a couple of solid chunks of stainless would be cool.
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

I bet it's possible to make it flat.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

robert(original) wrote:there is a place in chippewa falls WI that will pretty much make anything out of metal. they have a badass laser cnc machince of doom and gloom, if you send them something its like 75 bucks to have it copied and programed into the system, and then after that they will make however many you want for the price of metal plus like 1 percent its stupid cheap. i have played with the idea of sending them pickguards, getting them copied and then being able to obtain a brushed steel jaguar guard for 6 bucks and selling it on ebay for 60. im sure they could do the top piece, but the bottom piece may be another story.
in another life, if i had a grand to throw at this, i might try a small venture. once they had a template on hand, you wouldn't have to sell that many to make a few bucks. there must be something else to it, though, if none of the parts warehouses are doing this.
markarkark

Post by markarkark »

dots wrote:
robert(original) wrote:there is a place in chippewa falls WI that will pretty much make anything out of metal. they have a badass laser cnc machince of doom and gloom, if you send them something its like 75 bucks to have it copied and programed into the system, and then after that they will make however many you want for the price of metal plus like 1 percent its stupid cheap. i have played with the idea of sending them pickguards, getting them copied and then being able to obtain a brushed steel jaguar guard for 6 bucks and selling it on ebay for 60. im sure they could do the top piece, but the bottom piece may be another story.
in another life, if i had a grand to throw at this, i might try a small venture. once they had a template on hand, you wouldn't have to sell that many to make a few bucks. there must be something else to it, though, if none of the parts warehouses are doing this.
All practical difficulties aside, wouldn't there be a patent infringement issue?
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

markarkark wrote:
dots wrote:
All practical difficulties aside, wouldn't there be a patent infringement issue?
Patents expire after 17 years and the guitar was made from 1967 to 1981. It should be clear at this point.
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
finboy

Post by finboy »

dots wrote:
Shortscale kickstarter?
HNB

Post by HNB »

Sorry for the delay. Here are the pictures!

IMG_5103 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

IMG_5105 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

IMG_5106 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

IMG_5107 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

IMG_5111 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

IMG_5112 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

IMG_5114 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

IMG_5115 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

IMG_5116 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

IMG_5117 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

IMG_5118 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

IMG_5119 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

IMG_5120 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

IMG_5121 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

IMG_5122 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr
HNB

Post by HNB »

With 4872 on the neck, I think that makes the neck November 22, 1977. (48th week of 1977, second work day?)
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

That color is so hot on the Bronco. I love the fire engine red on the typical Bronco, but I love vintage cream.