Bought a combo organ...

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

DanHeron

Bought a combo organ...

Post by DanHeron »

I've always wanted a combo organ but could never really afford one. They seem to go for a lot. BUT today I spotted this on eBay for BIN £90. It's less than 20mins away from me and looks bloomin awesome, so I snapped it up:

Dunno how good it sounds, it isn't not a well known brand or anything. But I'm sure I can put it through a few pedals and get something out of it.
It also has a built in rhythm section which on this demo sounds prettttttty pretty good. I love that beat at the start haha:

[youtube][/youtube]

Pretty excited. Probably gonna put it in my studio for lunchtime jams. It has a built in speaker and headphone output as well which is useful.
lorez

Post by lorez »

Looks & sounds pretty cool.
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
DanHeron

Post by DanHeron »

Yeah, should be fun. Hopefully (if the seller reads my final message in time) I've arranged to pick it up tomorrow morning so expect a demo soon!
BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen

Post by BobArsecake »

I read that as "an inbuilt mayhem section". Looking forward to demos!
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

That looks ace. Looking forward to the demo. Love a bit of old school organ.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Looks really cool.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

That sounds awesome.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

wow I like how it plays the bass keys in tempo with the beat.
holyCATS1415

Post by holyCATS1415 »

I had a whippany mel-o-sonic at one point. I love combo organs. They look rad and usually have at least one usable setting for the kind of music my band plays. Unfortunately, the experiences I have had with them is that they work great for a little while and then they never stay in tune (or just stop working all together). Would love to own a fully functional Elka Panther or a Farfisa but they are way too expensive and almost always half broken. I settled for a Roland VK-1 and am totally happy with it.

Cool find! I would definitely buy another old organ if I come across a cheap one.
BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen

Post by BobArsecake »

One of my girlfriend and mine's hobbies is pickling things in cider: apricots, beef, and last week I put my organ in cider.
Chris Fleming

Post by Chris Fleming »

On the one I used to have you got some really nice beats if you pressed two of the rhythm buttons at the same time. Wish I still had it, found it on the street just up from my old flat. After a bit of a clean it worked really well, but it was too big to move when I moved to a forth floor tenement which was a bit smaller. Think I gave it away? Can't remember? Been trying to get another one ever since