NGD: Jazzmaster

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

robert(original)

NGD: Jazzmaster

Post by robert(original) »

i got a shee of straight black and a gfs bridge pup.
the all black look wasn't my first choice, generally im not a fan of all black, but its not bad, i need to age the pup cover or get a cream colored one, and i really want to add a rythm section at one point just for looks if anything, its already routed out. i used a jap jazzy guard template, it fit for the most part, some of the screw holes didn't line up, but, like i said, it fit, for the most part. i have a template for the blacktop guard, but for some reason i didn't follow that and just put a jazzy pup in the back, im stupid like that.
anywho, first impressions of the bridge pup from gfs(the overwound one) its good, not as good as a few of the other pups they make, but its decent.
anywho.
PICS!
so here in the rundown on what i have down to it since i got it from jim. i routed out the bridge area for a jazzy pup, routed out the rythm section. sanded off the retarded as stock decal, and put a proper one on, and then tinted and cleared it in nitro. the toggle switch is from a 70s epiphone, and the knobs are from my peavey musician amp.
the guard is from gfs as well, all straight black. strung up with 11-52 earnie balls(the shop didn't have blue steels, my preferred string.)
anywho, im happy with it so far, but i stil want to do more, basically im just trying to make it into a real jazzy minus the fretboard radius and the fret size.
HNB

Post by HNB »

Very sexy! Nice work.
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

8)
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
GHOSTLYxSTRAT

Post by GHOSTLYxSTRAT »

Looks cool!!! imo I think it would look even better with a 3 ply black pickguard with the rhythm circuit with white pickup covers,knobs etc.... but hey thats just me and it still looks great as it is. :P
Concretebadger

Post by Concretebadger »

Sexy as hell. I took out the rhythm circuit from mine when I replaced the pickups, but I'm still not sure whether I can be bothered to reinstall it. That feature isn't quite as useless as people seem to think, but it's not something you'd necessarily use. If you have a particularly bright/trebly amp, I'd say go for it and fit the rollers and slider. Still, it looks sleek and clean without them.
Joey

Post by Joey »

looks cool as hell, it def deserves that flame strap
lorez

Post by lorez »

Looks great. As I was looking at the pics the thing that stuck out to as really interesting were the knobs and I was thinking where the hell did he get those & bam you drop the peavey amp bomb.
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

the color isn't really right in the pics. i know its just a black guitar, but the neck pup is cream and the bridge is super stupid white, i let it soak in coffee for all of about 6 mins before i was impatient and wanted to get it put together. but anywho. if your not using your rhythm section i would take it off your hands. i actually want to wire it up like a les paul and the switch itself would just be a kill switch, nothing fancy. i just really need the "look" to be there to feel happy with the guitar. it functions just fine and everything, but i have never had a proper jazzy so i sorta want this one to be a proper jazzy. tho i may get there and just decide that its not "me" and sell it, im bad about doing shit like that.
Joey

Post by Joey »

les paul wiring all the way