Harley Benton Custom Line Nashville

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

pumpkin
on the road to bantown

Harley Benton Custom Line Nashville

Post by pumpkin »

So I am thinking of buying this Harley Benton Custom Line Nashville to do some Christmas busking...

This summer I rented a room to 3 Moldovan lads who were busking on Grafton and Henry Street here in Dublin, they were making around €300 per day, only playing a few hours.

I was thinking this would be a good way to make some extra cash.

Anyway, I don't own an acoustic, or anything like it, but I was thinking something like this would serve me well. Opinions? Also need a good suggestion for an amp, one that can be powered from batteries or a car battery. If I could sing through it as well that would be awesome sauce.
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

resonator, foot tambourine, and a couple harps. it'll do ya good, i was doing about 20-25 usd an hour in south bend, and that place is a damn crack city.
pumpkin
on the road to bantown

Post by pumpkin »

Cheers Robert. I fond a used Crafter SA Andes Rosewood with Hard Case for €200 that I am picking up today.

Buying this: http://www.thomann.de/ie/harley_benton_cg10x_street.htm

I need an amp because the foot traffic on Grafton Street is insane and there are other buskers every 100 meters or so.

Thinking about going full retard, getting a Santa suit, rocking some shades and becoming "Singing Santa". I am trying top convince my short mate to be "Santa's Drunken Elf" and sell CDs, take photos with kid and tourists.
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

well righto then! generally the use of amps is forbidden where i have been before. there have only been a small handful of times where i have seen someone with an amp, usually in chicago.
pumpkin
on the road to bantown

Post by pumpkin »

robert(original) wrote:well righto then! generally the use of amps is forbidden where i have been before. there have only been a small handful of times where i have seen someone with an amp, usually in chicago.
Good tip!