Recording Cam

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

weeping_moon

Recording Cam

Post by weeping_moon »

A good recording cam that i can adjust the mic vol and get great sound with and is great. To do demos with. Not a expensive one.

Thanks!
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

I'm no expert, however I generally see people using a standard cam (like a Flip) to record visual and voice audio (the talking bits) but they mike up or DI the guitar into computer audio recorder, then use a movie maker program to sync the two audio tracks together. SIlence the vocal when the guitar bit is on and vice versa! Other than that a camera with a mic - in for external decent mic?
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Dave is right, it's difficult to find a camera with a 'good' internal mic, although you might find one with an acceptable internal mic. With that in mind, I'd recommend keeping whatever camera you currently have and then looking for a good external mic and a cheap recording interface of some sort. Shure SM57s can be found fairly cheaply and are pretty much ubiquitous for recording guitars. Or if you're willing to pay a little extra, the Beta 57 is a little more versatile.