cool kramer bass

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

robert(original)

cool kramer bass

Post by robert(original) »

i went to chicago music exchange. i was sorta let down, they don't have near the same amount of vintage stuff as before, and they are filled with new stuff, so... alot of strats, and les pauls. and they are a nash guitar dealer now, so... alot of really pricey relic fender copies.
any who, they moved all the basses downstairs and i spotted this lil gem, i don't remember the year, but the price seemed nice, it was about 900 bucks. its one of those elusive kramers with the metal(part metal) neck, and the body style is rather cool, to me anyway.
pumpkin
on the road to bantown

Post by pumpkin »

Nice, I have always wanted to go to Chicago Music Exchange, it's on my list. I get their emails, and drool over the vintage goodness.
robert(original)

i miss the old shop, i think it was on clark, it was a hole in the wall place PACKED with gear, then they got this new place about.... 7 years ago, and it was great. lots of room and what not, but this trip was the first in about 3 years and it was sort of a letdown. they used to have like 30 awesome vintae jags. and 40 jazzies, and 30-40 mustangs. and really cool off the wall shit like mavericks, i have seen a swinger or two in there. a few fender XII's stuff like that.
this time there was... 7 vintage jags. and 10 vintage jazzies, nothing cool really..... tho, there was a jag with a maple neck, black blocks and binding with a nicely aged oly white finish. tho it was allllllll the way at the top, shit used to be floor level and easy to pick up and jam on.
pumpkin
on the road to bantown

Post by pumpkin »

robert(original) wrote:i miss the old shop, i think it was on clark, it was a hole in the wall place PACKED with gear, then they got this new place about.... 7 years ago, and it was great. lots of room and what not, but this trip was the first in about 3 years and it was sort of a letdown. they used to have like 30 awesome vintae jags. and 40 jazzies, and 30-40 mustangs. and really cool off the wall shit like mavericks, i have seen a swinger or two in there. a few fender XII's stuff like that.
this time there was... 7 vintage jags. and 10 vintage jazzies, nothing cool really..... tho, there was a jag with a maple neck, black blocks and binding with a nicely aged oly white finish. tho it was allllllll the way at the top, shit used to be floor level and easy to pick up and jam on.
Still, having lived in Ireland since 2002 I long for something like this... I only know of one shop in Ireland that sells used and vintage gear and it's a tiny place. Can't wait to get back to the states and hit EVERY pawn shop I see.
Chris Fleming

Post by Chris Fleming »

My mate used to have a Vaccaro which uses the same design of neck. Really great sounding guitar and a lefty which would probably make it pretty rare now. He knocked it off his table and the neck broke really bad. Couldn't fix it as they had gone out of business by then so just got the insurance money for it. Shame
tenderstems

Post by tenderstems »

My local store had these in stock a few months ago. All gone now. All were under $250

robert(original)

if you EVER see another one for under 250, let me know asap.
tenderstems

Post by tenderstems »

robert(original) wrote:if you EVER see another one for under 250, let me know asap.
Will do. I Could have had all 4 for a grand, and probably doubled my money. Feeling pretty sick about it now, but had no money at the time.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

pumpkin wrote:I only know of one shop in Ireland that sells used and vintage gear and it's a tiny place.
Where is this? I don't think there's anywhere good for secondhand or vintage north of the border.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

I dont remember which band I was with but we had a gig with this band and their bass player had one of these. He was clueless and it was abused (covered in sweat and stickers and generally unloved), I tried to buy it off him but he said he had borrowed it off someone else that must have been equally as clueless. Such a waste.
pumpkin
on the road to bantown

Post by pumpkin »

BacchusPaul wrote:
pumpkin wrote:I only know of one shop in Ireland that sells used and vintage gear and it's a tiny place.
Where is this? I don't think there's anywhere good for secondhand or vintage north of the border.
http://www.someneckguitars.com

Although good is a stretch

http://catalog.jimismusicstore.ie/index.php?cPath=22_49

but they're all douchebags really.