pictures of your guitars here

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Gorgeous guitar :shock: Reminds me of John Squier's. What about those F-holes, they look like they are just painted on the body?
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

sunshiner wrote:Gorgeous guitar :shock: Reminds me of John Squier's. What about those F-holes, they look like they are just painted on the body?
Yeah, John had a vintage G6122-1962 with the painted f-holes, mine being a reissue of the same model. It's still very acoustically lively and the bridge pickup being a tad farther away from the bridge than in that of a G6119 or G6120 gives it a really unique, somewhat more "mellow" tone of its own.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

ultratwin wrote:Zero fret is also an oddly new thing for me, but things do sound a tad more consistent between open and barred chords.
I've had a few zero fret guitars, and don't know why all guitars don't have it - just sounds better to me.

Nice guitar and playing on the fromm track.
XY
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Ultra posts the guitar that ends the thread :lol:

Absolutely beautiful instrument. One of my friends had one, I was almost scared to play it it looked that good and the sounds were incredible. I've always had a fascination with imperial machine heads too, one day I will fit some onto something, just for the sake of it.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

I'm starting to agree with you, Debz. It's a no-nonsense setup that is so consistent across the strings, and something even tells me that maybe even Tal Farlow almost never comped chords with open strings because the Gibsons he had in hand never had zero fret. Just a thought.

Fran wrote:Ultra posts the guitar that ends the thread :lol:

Absolutely beautiful instrument. One of my friends had one, I was almost scared to play it it looked that good and the sounds were incredible. I've always had a fascination with imperial machine heads too, one day I will fit some onto something, just for the sake of it.
Nice to hear you've been around one of these guys, Fran! Other than the Art Deco flair, the Imperials are quite nice in that they're both thin and wide, making for an easy grab-and-turn.

It's Pedalworx McSqueeze and Digitech RV-7 (Modulated setting) all day for me somedays, the warmth and body makes it an infectious guy to pick up and play.

► Show Spoiler
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

dub wrote:I should really just fuck off to gibsonscale.org:

is that an SG300 in the middle? saw one for sale this week but the guy wants £450, which is a bit optimistic, i reckon.
dub

Post by dub »

From left to right:
Unbranded 70s SG Copy with BKP Mississippi Queens.
Yamaha SG2000 and one beat to shit Gibson Sonex Custom. both 1980 I think.

Last edited by dub on Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
lorez

Post by lorez »

i want a double cut now
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

lorez wrote:i want a double cut now

► Show Spoiler
spirograph

Post by spirograph »

ms spiro's guitar

just replaced the nut. first non-original part on it. its a '76 i think.
if i cant smoke and swear, im fu**ed
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Is that thru neck or bolt on like the Hondo II's?

Nice guitars Vantage, I have a Les Paul 'the paul' copy from the early 80's. Matsumoku production (Ibanez, Westone, Aria Pro ii, Westbury...), dont think they ever made anything that was poor.
spirograph

Post by spirograph »

Fran wrote:Is that thru neck or bolt on like the Hondo II's?

Nice guitars Vantage, I have a Les Paul 'the paul' copy from the early 80's. Matsumoku production (Ibanez, Westone, Aria Pro ii, Westbury...), dont think they ever made anything that was poor.
bolt on. its got little metal things mounted into the neck, and neck bolts as opposed to screws, that go into em. string-thru too. sustains for ever. pickups are nice actually, not as good in coilsplit mode. but still useful. overall its nice and bright and ringy sounding, but still thuddy in the lows.
id had my eye on it in smack converters for like a year or so, then me n her got together, n she got it for her 18th a few months later. then she could give me my duosonic back. which was nice.
£125, about ten years ago or so. not bad eh. one of the best sounding guitars ive played. bit too headstock heavy tbh, probly cos of the 5piece laminate neck. im not sure if the thinner strips are maple or not.

cant decide which is the better pic, so have both...

stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

Fender/Squier group shot (minus my P bass- should maybe take a better pic with that in there at some point, break the red/white/black pattern)

routed

Post by routed »

Image Image

Danelectro Dead on '67 (Hornet)

edit: just added some large Boss style volume and tone knobs that are a lot more user friendly than the original Danelectro toothpaste cap knobs

Last edited by routed on Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
sholkham

Post by sholkham »

Thats interesting to see, i've seen that guitar in PT's home studio before but I didn't know he ever used it live

dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

sholkham wrote:Thats interesting to see, i've seen that guitar in PT's home studio before but I didn't know he ever used it live

Used them on an tour of America rather than take and guitars with him... that one survived to come home.
XY
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Post by westtexasred »

spirograph wrote:ms spiro's guitar

just replaced the nut. first non-original part on it. its a '76 i think.
I used to have the case for that guitar

spirograph

Post by spirograph »

didnt realise there was such a thing! id better not show her it tho! what happened to your case?
spirograph

Post by spirograph »

just realised i never posted this.

its a pacifica 604. some time last summer, i was all upset n depressed n stressed, n my co-guitarist had just got a BT-Jaguar, n was gonna sell this, but instead he decided i should have it, on account i didnt have a full scale guitar at that point. to spread some goodwill, i gave two guitars to other friends. (a tatty acoustic that was only good for slide, and a basicly worn out samick sg)
anyway, this thing is one of the nicest playing guitars ive ever laid my grubby hands on. its now my main guitar. ive set it up to perfection too. my PRS-playing friend complimented my setup. it sounds lovely too, in all switch positions. the strange bit is that it has two serial numbers, one on top of the other. must have gone round part of the factory twice i guess.

Progrockabuse

Post by Progrockabuse »

Group shot, gonna be keeping these for a while I feel.
Fender Classic Player 60’s Stratocaster>East Coast T1 Tele>
Epiphone Les Paul SL>Ovation 12 String acoustic>Peavey Strat DIY Relic

Marshall Origin 20H>James’s old purple 2x10
Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST