What time sig do I need for "1 2 3 AND 1 2 3 AND"

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

George

What time sig do I need for "1 2 3 AND 1 2 3 AND"

Post by George »

I can't get it to fit in 4/4 and I'm quite sure it's not 3/4
Mo Law-ka
strictly roots

Post by Mo Law-ka »

Is it:

1 2 3 +

or

1 2 3 (4) +
jcyphe wrote: Mo is the most sensible person in this thread.
icey wrote:and thats for the hatters (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Brandon W

Post by Brandon W »

that's not a time sig like that. It should be 4/4..replace the and with 4..why would there be "and"..

It may be 3/4..try it with an and after each beat, 1 and 2 and 3 and..does it feel like a fast waltz?

It has to fit in 4/4 because it's 4 beats right? you're counting the and as a whole beat? If you're saying it's shorter than the others then it's still 4/4 with a rest on the 1st beat of the 4..if i could hear it then i probably could help.

So count it back out with ands on every beat..in 8th notes in other words..both 4/4 and 3/4 in 8th notes and that should give you the answer..
cur wrote:I need it to be smaller or I get shitty messages from mezz telling me my junk's too big.
Chico Malo wrote:This thread just went down the toilet. Bye
iCEByTes wrote:Carrot´s and pussy party ((run))
George

Post by George »

Sorry I've just answered my own question. It's easier to treat it as 2 bars. It goes

1 2 3 and 1 2 3 4 and

So yeah it resolves itself by putting the extra half beat on the end but I couldn't see it before. I think. Sorry I'm terrible with beats and time signatures

It's just 4/4 or 8/4 lol
Brandon W

Post by Brandon W »

My last question would have been the downbeats..once we confirmed it was 4/4..then it's a question of the downbeat to tell you if it's actually 8/4 or 4/4..it's the same shit though except it gets a harder beat on every other one..that's probably why it felt funny in 4/4 at first...it is even notes though so 3/4 is not an option..you're right...or i'm right..or whatever
cur wrote:I need it to be smaller or I get shitty messages from mezz telling me my junk's too big.
Chico Malo wrote:This thread just went down the toilet. Bye
iCEByTes wrote:Carrot´s and pussy party ((run))
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

If you want to get really technical I think you could notate it as alternating between a bar of 7/8 and a bar of 9/8, but there's no real need.
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

JAZZ FUSION
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

I have problems with the rhythm, too. I've always tried to play guitar patterns intuitevely, but now I see that without practising with metronome and without counting it is impossible for me to improve my internal metronome.
This little girl is so much better in rhythm staff than me
[youtube][/youtube]
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.