GONE by Charity :)

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

HNB

GONE by Charity :)

Post by HNB »

Picked up this guitar for $60. Pretty cool actually. Maple neck with rosewood fretboard. Basswood body. Has a strat vibe to it with a different body and guard. It is quirky enough that it appealed to me... and the neck has flame with no sharp fret ends. :) Pots seem to work fine, side jack is good, and switch is solid. Not a bad find. It is really light. Nice transparent red finish.

No plate. It uses washers instead.

Tuners work fine. I liked these because I could easily replace them with good stuff if needed. (VS those import trapezoid stuff on a lot of the Squier Affinity stuff.)

Bazinga.

Satin neck like most of the lower priced stuff. Oddly I tried out some American teles at Guitar Center and they had that same satin finish. Pretty cool. :)
Last edited by HNB on Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spirograph

Post by spirograph »

thats sweet
if i cant smoke and swear, im fu**ed
HNB

Post by HNB »

The wood shop teacher where I work has a son who has had an acoustic for awhile but has been showing interest in transitioning over to electric. I offered this guitar to the teacher to pass on to his son. Seemed like it would be a good starter guitar and a good one for an acoustic user to get used to. It is lighter than most electrics, has (I think) a flatter radius, and it is pretty well put together. I also gave him one of my small Randall amps so he can rock out. :)
Mo Law-ka
strictly roots

Post by Mo Law-ka »

Good on you, HNB!
jcyphe wrote: Mo is the most sensible person in this thread.
icey wrote:and thats for the hatters (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
spirograph

Post by spirograph »

spirograph wrote:thats sweet
if i cant smoke and swear, im fu**ed