Low Profile Jaguar Switches

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

GreenKnee

Low Profile Jaguar Switches

Post by GreenKnee »

Hello again shortscalers,

I replaced the bridge pickup switch on my jaguar yesterday, but I had totally forgot that the switches on my jag are really low sitting, and now i have one standard Fender one that sticks out loads and is pushing my OCD into overdrive. I've had a scan around the net and can't seem to find any others that lay low.

I seem to remember teh kurdtz' mustang has low profile switches, but they're 3 position and are no good for my wonderful, amazing shaguar :(

Has anyone got a source for these switches? It's a Japanese jaguar, but in unsure as to whether these are the original switches because not much else is stock on my jag other than the body, neck and trem system.

Any help is much obliged! :)

Jack
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Just put a spacer on each screw between the switch and the underside of the plate.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

yes. bushings are your friend
dots wrote:incesticide
finboy

Post by finboy »

I use the rubber spring replacements fender uses for their pickups. Cut one in half, put one half on each screw, lowers it down the perfect amount, and is adjustable. I only did this on the rhythm circuit, as I like the bottom screws to be more easily accessible.

meltedbuzzbox

Post by meltedbuzzbox »

I have noticed that the switches on my MIM Jags are lower and flat headed in comparison to my MIJ Jag that has long dome tipped switches.

If you want them all neat I would buy three of the same, failing that spacing it out as recommended seems the cheap easy fix.
Rox

Post by Rox »

That they said . Some bushings , spacers , whatever .. Only place That prolly needs it is the rythym circuit I'd think . The pickup selectors are kina naturally out the way I think ... Unless you play like that Ackerman cat from A Place To Bury Strangers...
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

in all my years of playing my jaguar ive never bumped the rhythm circuit, maybe bumped one of the pickup selectors once or twice ever.
Sidney Vicious

Post by Sidney Vicious »

Josh wrote:in all my years of playing my jaguar ive never bumped the rhythm circuit, maybe bumped one of the pickup selectors once or twice ever.
Well, you must be doing it wrong then. :lol:
WayToHip

Post by WayToHip »

Josh wrote:in all my years of playing my jaguar ive never bumped the rhythm circuit, maybe bumped one of the pickup selectors once or twice ever.
I too,have this same problem. Maybe I'm not picking with enough disregard or force. I do keep my hand just over the bridge when playing.
But back on track, little washers or bushings and anything else to add space can lower the switches.
WayToHip

Post by WayToHip »

Delete Me!
GreenKnee

Post by GreenKnee »

Thanks, totally forgot about the ol' washer/spacer trick.

I think I'm going to just replace the lot so that they are matching, and then space down the rhythm circuit switch and the treble bleed switch as these are the switches I use least. I'm thinking this will make pickup changes by feel easier as I currently have to have a little peak to make sure I'm getting the right one. Any idea what thread screw, or where I can get screws for, the american fender jaguar switches? I forced in the old screws into my new USA switch until they cut their own thread, but I'd rather have the right stuff if I'm going to redo all of the switches.
honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

The problem is USA Fender/Switchcraft Jaguar switches come with screws that are like 1/4" long. You might have better luck just using a small blade.

Anyway, here are the screws:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Genuine-Fen ... 0924976730

The Japanese switches, IMO, are better. They're clickier, better built, and more responsive, too.
Kicking and squealing Gucci little piggy.