What specs are Warmoth bodies based on ?

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

othomas2

What specs are Warmoth bodies based on ?

Post by othomas2 »

Looking at a pickguard for my Squier Cabronita and can only find one available to purchase in the US. It is made to Warmoth specs

As I understand US made parts are interchangeable with Vintage Modified Series ? (or at least they have proven to be with the offset range)

...so therefore IF Warmoth is based on US specs then in theory the pickguard should hopefully line up and fit quite well...

Could anyone clarify before I order ?

thanks
Owen
mezzio13
GOODmin

Post by mezzio13 »

I like Warmoth's stuff, but I have seen their stuff not line up with itself. My friend bought a Strat body & neck from them & ended up having to make a rosewood shim under the bridge to get the strings to fit the neck. It was either that or route the neck pocket down, which his customer did not want done.
paul_

Re: What specs are Warmoth bodies based on ?

Post by paul_ »

othomas2 wrote:As I understand US made parts are interchangeable with Vintage Modified Series ? (or at least they have proven to be with the offset range)
Pretty sure this is only true of Jaguar/Jazzmaster pickguards, and most likely only because it was cheaper to do so, the same reason Squier offsets also have a hodge-podge of Japanese/Chinese/Korean parts as well as Funny Shaped Epiphone series pickups.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Rox

Post by Rox »

I've been told if you order Warmoth ( pretty sure this goes for any of the guitar parts makers) is to order the body and pickguard at the same time.

But in your case ( I've called Warmoth on this too when I was looking to build a Jag too) They measure and copy the shapes straight off Fender USA which 99% of the time will fit but they prefer you use it on their stuff so there's a guaranty it'll fit. They've had customers send the nasty grams saying how things won't line up so they'd rather say it won't fit instead of defending their reputation over a 30-50$ pickguard. Call them and see. I did.

Greasy Groove will take tracings and such or if you send them the original they'll copy it and send both back. I'm sure Warmoth would do that too. That would be the best way you'll know it'll fit. And if you're worried about not getting the original back trace it on poster board.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

You getting a tort one, Owen?

There's a uk place that makes pickguards. The aurora project or something. Doog used them for his Marauder project I do believe.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

I also used them for a Hagstrom pickguard. They were sketchy and unreliable. Things 'went missing in the post' twice, so I had to go to Orpington to collect in person. They don't seem to do normal pickguards anymore, just lame stuff that lights-up.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Well fuck them to hell then.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED