Epi Varitone boards (Lucille OEM) @ GFS

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

paul_

Epi Varitone boards (Lucille OEM) @ GFS

Post by paul_ »

Didn't notice this, contemplating throwing it in with my current order as I type. I know some guys were curious as to the mysteries of the Varitone the past couple years, this might be a great shortcut for one who wanted to get into it.

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Genuine-Epi ... 11664.html

Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
finboy

Post by finboy »

Part of me wants to try this because I enjoy gfs pickups so much, the other part worries about all the nightmares I have heard about the varitone :lol:
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Plz elaborate on dis nightmares
paul_

Post by paul_ »

There are both mono and stereo versions of the varitone circuit and proper oldschool style ones are just 6-position switches with a shitload of shit wired straight up to them, so I'd imagine attemps to research/build/troubleshoot those and their installation process would result in some angry poasts for sure. The Epi takes a lot of work out of just trying the thing, but the size of the board is a real trade off.

Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
finboy

Post by finboy »

The clusterfuck that is the original