Zoom H2N question?

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

gusman2x

Zoom H2N question?

Post by gusman2x »

I use the Zoom H2N to record all our band practices, and in general it does a fine job. We can't get the vocal loud enough in the mix at the moment though, ad we suspect it's a combination of a few things.

What I'd like to do, is have the external mics pick up the band, and have the line out from the singers channel in the PA go straight into the mic IN on the Zoom.

In theory I think this could work, but wondered if anyone had done it in practice?
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

can it record the mics and line in simultaneously? how would you set the levels?
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

stewart wrote:can it record the mics and line in simultaneously? how would you set the levels?
Apparently so. I need to check the manual to see how to check the level on the line in. When using the built in mics, there's a wheel for level/gain. May be that they're both controlled by the same pot, and that further management of the line in signal needs to be done at the board?

I could just snap the other guitarist's fingers i guess. He has a dreadful case of the turn upsies, then moans like fuck that we can't hear the vocals.