Who wants to be mixing buddies?

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

mixtape

Who wants to be mixing buddies?

Post by mixtape »

So here's an idea:

I've been working on an album for a very long time, mostly because I'm a perfectionist and life keeps happening. Along the way I've been learning a ton about recording and mixing, but I've been learning in isolation. I can reference my songs against pro tracks I like till the cows come home, and my non-musician friends are always available to stroke my ego and tell me my songs sound cool, but what I think I need is another critical set of ears to hear what I can't and tell me "X sounds weird. Shorten the attack time on the compression" or "The bass isn't really cutting through on the chorus," stuff like that. Conversely, I could probably be that set of ears for somebody else and learn more about my own craft from it. And I suspect that there are probably enough shortscalers in the same boat that we could get some kind of mixing group together: listen, critique, motivate, etc. Same as having a writing group (without which I never would have finished my dissertation), but for music. Who'd be up for something like that?
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

just post mixes in this forum for critique, easy!
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

Yah I would listen as well. I am also trying to improve my mixing.