VM Squier Stratjack Jag for mad cheap

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

i just hate that strat jack. otherwise it was a cool idea. i've seen projects where people fixed that shit and it looked great.

also even with the strat jack, i kinda like the look of astro's, just would go for a white guard.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Bleh, white pickguards are so last century.
astro

Post by astro »

Mattsican wrote:
did you make the guard yourself?
No, I bought it on eBay. I had to enlarge the pickup holes to fit the metal covers on the pickups. I wish I knew how to make pickguards, that would be fun!

I thought of putting a mint or parchment guard on it before settling for black. Both of those would have been good, I think. Black goes surprisingly well with fiesta red, in my opinion. I love the look of late 70's Fenders when they all had black pickguards.
astro

Post by astro »

Josh wrote:i just hate that strat jack. otherwise it was a cool idea. i've seen projects where people fixed that shit and it looked great.

also even with the strat jack, i kinda like the look of astro's, just would go for a white guard.
The strat jack bugged me too, and at first I wanted to get rid of it somehow. I couldn't think of a way to do that without a refin. Since i like the finish I opted against a refin. I've grown used to it now and it no longer bugs me. It's actually quite functional, and now I like it.

Mattsican

Post by Mattsican »

Mine came in the mail today. I really dont mind the guard or the strat jack all that much. Those fucking stacked knobs are complete shit though. I wanna swap with just straight volume/tone. Or maybe just a volume, use the other hole for an input jack and put duct tape over the strat jack spot. I'm liking the bridge though. Kinda excited to get it to practice and try it at full balls.
facebook.com/Steelscape
facebook.com/GetToMars
brainfur

Post by brainfur »

strat jack looks kinda stupid but god damn a strat jack is functional and durable-- the stratocaster is like still the pinnacle of 1st wave ergonomic design imo
George wrote:in the future there must be only guitars or only computers
theshadowofseattle wrote:TYPICAL AMERICAN BAND LIKE JAY Z, AXE BODY SPRAY, AND THE VENTURES.
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

yeah, it's so hooked up they made that model in fiesta red i wouldn't wanna refin anyway.

they just need to maybe add fiesta red the new VM jags/jazzys, then i'd be stoked. WITH A WHITE GUARD EVEN IF IT IS LAST CENTURY