New neck day... Faux 70's Mustang!

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

astro

New neck day... Faux 70's Mustang!

Post by astro »

I bought a Warmoth neck from the classifieds for my '69 CIJ Mustang reissue. The stock neck was beautifully crafted, but the super narrow nut plus the 7.25 inch radius made it very difficult for my hands to play. I was always struggling to play chords.

So this beautiful neck came up in the Offset classifieds a few weeks ago with all the specs I needed: 9.5 radius and a wider nut. It'so a Warmoth neck. Now the guitar plays like butter! I had a spare Warmoth modified Mustang bridge with height adjustable saddles that I put on it too.

There's very few original parts left on the guitar, just the body, tremolo, and control plate. Everything else has been swapped out for different components. The pickups are Duncan Antiquity mustangs, they are very sweet sounding.

I love the look of 70's fenders, and I think i've captured that vibe. Unfortunately the neck has a smaller strat headstock instead of the big curvy CBS headstock, but that's a minor issue for me. I'd like to put a decal on the neck but I don't know if a 70's mustang decal will fit on the smaller headstock.

J0K1

Post by J0K1 »

Looks nice!
JordanD

Post by JordanD »

What kind of butter?
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

Nice. I love maple fretboards on Mustangs.
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
astro

Post by astro »

JordanD wrote:What kind of butter?
Real butter, the kind that clogs your arteries and tastes so fucking good on anything and everything. Fuck margarine, this neck plays like it was used to churn the cream fresh from the cow and was never wiped clean.
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.