2015 Gibson Les Paul lulz

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

mezzio13
GOODmin

Post by mezzio13 »

dezb1 wrote:
Fakir Mustache wrote:They need to add bluetooth and wi fi to it so people in the audience can fuck with bands' tuning.
You sir are an evil genius... I applaud you
Seriously. I worklol'd
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
ProcessedMeatMan

Post by ProcessedMeatMan »

Les Pauls go out of tune when you look at them wrong. A robot ain't gonna solve that shit.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Dru DeCaro wrote:…basically, Tronical took that wish or cry we’ve all made at some point: to have a machine that just does the tuning for us
Speak for yourself, you lazy bugger. Mind you, I expect they sell many more on Gibsons than on anything else. The way the tuning on my V changes with temperature is just meh.
George

Post by George »

it's just a really stupid gimmick in my opinion, and a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist.

tuning by ear or even with a tuner and listening out for the nuances is a skill you develop over time. you're not going to win any prizes for doing it, but it's going to improve your ability to play by ear and recognise when you've fallen out of tune. one of the numerous little micro skills that helps round you out as a guitarist.

plus how many years will the thing last? i'd like to think a guitar of the "calibre" (price) will last indefinitely, upward of 50 years potentially at least. is that shitty little box going to?
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Post by westtexasred »

No nibs on the new Les Pauls?

NickS

Post by NickS »

westtexasred wrote:No nibs on the new Les Pauls?
Oooh. Can't be a real Les Paul then.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

westtexasred wrote:No nibs on the new Les Pauls?
Have you seriously not read the thing about the extended fingerboard either side of the string spread? That's like, 50x worse IMO. In any case, they were both done for the same reason: so people who don't know how to play guitar can get their E-string finger vibrato goin onz.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

+1 and some.

When I was home for two days last month I saw/touched them at the Pasadena Guitar Center. Wide neck can't possibly be what the sports fans want in a "classic". Everything looked and felt so wrong.

And I've probably said it before, but I'm convinced that only one person on this planet is excited about the LITTLE BLACK DOOHICKEY.

1:06

[youtube][/youtube]
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

I'm probably the only one, but I think the wide neck is a cool idea, no so much that they use the same bridge and string spacing (not hard to fix). Not that I'm going to pay that much and actually buy one, but I like the idea.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
dub

Post by dub »

I kind of like how wack the ideas are. Twenty years from now everyone will be bitching about it still, (Norlin era?), but there'll be a small group of 2015 obsessives who insist that they were something magical.

It's not like any of us are going to buy this shit, get a Gibson from a different year. Brand new Gibbos are for people going through a midlife crisis.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Crisis? What crisis?
rebecca_crew_oxjam_pic78.jpg
rebecca_crew_oxjam_pic78.jpg (81.57 KiB) Viewed 23 times
Edit: Rehost pic.