1972 "Prince Tele" Proto-type

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

1972 "Prince Tele" Proto-type

Post by westtexasred »

According to the "Prince's Telecaster" webpage (link)

"During the NAMM show in 1972, a telecaster was shown by a brand called H.S. AndersonThe brand name is just a name made up (although there is an American wood sculpturer known by this name) but the guitar excelled in building quality and playability. The guitars under this brand came from the ‘Morris’ factory which built for a lot of brands."

This is that guitar.It is on Ebay with a BIN of $7250 (link)

"This guitar was the original factory sample that the Morris Guitars East Coast reps (NHF Music, Inc.) took to various US dealer guitar shows when it was first introduced. (I used to teach guitar in high school and had a wholesale account with the rep firm - the owner offered to sell it to me after the trade show tours in 1972). 

It's a real beauty, as would be expected of the factory sample instrument. Has the original triangular hardshell case and even the "ashtray" bridge cover. Completely original, never modified or damaged"

You can see in the photo of Princes Hohner tele(bottom) that the Hohner logo was shaped to cover the HS Anderson logo's footprint.

Last edited by westtexasred on Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Did you ever get your Harley Benton one of those WTR? Was it your one that went AWOL?
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Post by westtexasred »

BearBoy wrote:Did you ever get your Harley Benton one of those WTR? Was it your one that went AWOL?
Yeah,I finally got it and then I sold all my guitars last January.

DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

That noodly font is SO 1970s. Maple body with mahogany stripe?
Yell Like Hell
J0K1

Post by J0K1 »

Why does this look like a leftie?