pictures of your guitars here

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

BathTubWarrior

Post by BathTubWarrior »

1968 Liberty MS-150
► Show Spoiler
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

I always liked this shape.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

How my blacktop is going to look for the foreseeable...

XY
BillClay

Post by BillClay »

^
Them some boutique goldfoils you got there?
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

BillClay wrote:^
Them some boutique goldfoils you got there?
Aye, made by Mojo pickups, got them to put the smaller grills on them rather than their standard honeycomb grills. Really like them I'm going through a bit of a love affair with some QOTSA tones and these are great.
XY
Dillon

Post by Dillon »

I found a good deal on Amazon for some wall hangers, so I finally got around to building boards to hang guitars. It is definitely nice to have everything within arm's reach :)

ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Dillon wrote:I found a good deal on Amazon for some wall hangers, so I finally got around to building boards to hang guitars. It is definitely nice to have everything within arm's reach :)
And I'm sure a bigger room as well!

Well executed with the wood trim as well, would love to do something like that at the office studio.
Dillon

Post by Dillon »

Thanks! It wasn't too expensive, either; those oak boards from the local hardware store were around $40 total I think. Finished with Minwax stain + poly in one $6 can. The studs are weirdly spaced, so adding the boards was pretty much necessary.

I actually wish the room were a little bigger, but it serves its purpose nicely. I hope to make it into more of a home studio eventually. Planning to build sound deadening plugs for the windows (since they don't let much light in anyway), get some acoustic tiles for the walls, and possibly do the same for the ceiling. It is realllly live in there; all sound echoes like crazy and amps at volume make the walls shake. No big deal for recording guitars, but it is a problem for mixing of course.
atmo

Post by atmo »

Accidental NGD...

Was browsing one of the local shops, not even looking for a new guitar, but they offered me this for a really good price, so I kind of had to buy it.

It's supposed to have gold top hat knobs, not amber speed knobs. Apparently a customer was buying a different LP but wanted those knobs, so they got swapped over. Doesn't phase me, as I'll swap them and the hearing-aid beige plastics for black parts ASAP.
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

atmo wrote:Accidental NGD...

Was browsing one of the local shops, not even looking for a new guitar, but they offered me this for a really good price, so I kind of had to buy it.

It's supposed to have gold top hat knobs, not amber speed knobs. Apparently a customer was buying a different LP but wanted those knobs, so they got swapped over. Doesn't phase me, as I'll swap them and the hearing-aid beige plastics for black parts ASAP.
That's really nice. I have a studio gem which is pretty much the same guitar as that, but from 1996 or something. The P90s are immense.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

You have to play it barechested.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Addam

Post by Addam »

atmo wrote:I'll swap them and the hearing-aid beige plastics for black parts ASAP.
Personally, I like the beigeness; it ties in the pickguard, poker chip switch tip, pickup covers and tuners.
BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen

Post by BobArsecake »

I love it, I think black would make it look a little boring/too clean cut, if that makes sense.
visceral

Post by visceral »

My introduction here everyone I'm a newbie on this particular forum. I'll start with a few pics for now they are crappy pics I know, I'll take some real pictures soon. Like I said I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. This is my rescue dog my MIM Fender Strat. All your typical mods: locking tuners, SD pickups, tele knobs etc. I love it! I have a few last ideas for it in the near future. The full view pic is older than the other pics with the SD lil 59 in the neck, just posted so you can get an idea.

NickS

Post by NickS »

Welcome aboard, fellow noob. I have a couple of Strats myself but can't really bring myself to mod them. What else have you got?
visceral

Post by visceral »

^ Thank you Sir! If it were American or Custom Shop I may or may not mod them either but the MIM stuff is perfect for modding to me. Everything bolts right up, no problems. Locking tuners required no drilling since they weren't the vintage style etc. The pickups fit with out filing etc. Pickguard choices galore! Im going to get a new middle position pickup soon and new saddles as well then it will be complete \m/ :twisted:

^ This is my Taylor 214ce it has a bone nut and saddle and fret crown & level. I have other guitars I can also post.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

ekwatts wrote:You have to play it barechested.
Either that or bare legged...

[youtube][/youtube]
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Newest guitar in da house:

XY
NickS

Post by NickS »

That's never going to intonate correctly.