pictures of your guitars here

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

lorez

Post by lorez »

NickS wrote:That's never going to intonate correctly.
that's why he needs a mastery bridge
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Merry Gretschmas, doodz.

Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

:D
WayToHip

Post by WayToHip »

Hahaha, nice Gretsches, what's the colour of the one on left? It's looks pretty.
My guitars photobomb (sorry).
50th Anniversary Danelectro. The gold hardware is rubbing off, but gold hardware doesn't fit a cheap guitar. This is my main player, I first hated the super flat neck but now it's comfortable to play.
Plywood El Degas LP copy. It's a lawsuit copy, and it's been abused pretty bad (I threw it in the air at a backyard show, and didn't catch it), I bought it with a broken jack input, tons of dings, and a half finished paint job. I took off paint, spray painted it yellow, and then got high and drew on it. I want to turn it into a black beauty, or just throw a super distortion in the bridge wired straight to the jack and have a thrasher.
1963 Harmony Hollywood. I am never going to sell this guitar. Bought it from a old lady in a yard sale. I couldn't try the electronics at the time, she didn't own an amp, but it was worth the gamble. Still smells like old people. the pickup is microphonic, so it picks up everything and makes it suck to play live but it's great as an acoustic and for the quiet times. I learned a lot about guitar care buying this, really want to keep this playable when I'm 50. Also has the thickest neck in the world.
Probably the largest post I've made yet.
Zack

Post by Zack »

i like that harmony ;)
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Man those 50th Anniversary Danos are pretty, and pretty hard to find...Heard form my dealer friend here in Seoul that none basically made it over here when they came out.

And I'd love to thumb out some Wes Montgomery with that Harmony, that chunky neck looks like so much fun to grab.
Last edited by ultratwin on Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

WayToHip wrote:Hahaha, nice Gretsches, what's the colour of the one on left? It's looks pretty.
If you look up close under natural lighting, the G6196TSP-2G is technically light gray with metallic lavender trim, but it can go from looking like it's Sonic Blue + Purple, all the way to White + LPB, depending on lighting. It's such a good playing/sounding guitar, that even the Sychrosonic/Melita bridge is behaving itself without a buzz now that I've got on a medium set of Pure Nickel wounds. Honestly, the G6122-1962 and old G6128 are getting very jealous of my attention...but I can honestly say that it's one of those once-a-decade things I've been through where I truly "found the one".

► Show Spoiler

sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Beautiful pearl your Gretsch
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

I like it and I normally find Gretsch guitars to be goofy looking(in a bad way), with a few exceptions.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

a gretsch is in my long term plan.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

One dude in MD kept dropping the price over the past year in his online shop on Gbase, yet the image was "hiding" behind that of a standard green G6196TR, so I have a feeling few actually saw it and was in quiet pursuit the way I was slobbering/ogling at it from across the Great Plains Pacific. Snagged it up quickly when it dropped another $150 and started dipping under $2k.

And when the Jaded music video came out (dang, something like already 15 years ago now?), I remember seeing Joe Perry's studio shots with his Falcon shot with the fisheye lens and it looked dreadfully uncomfortable/impractical. However, the equal dimensions of the G6196's 2.75" thick body doesn't feel overly fat of anything like an acoustic boat of a guitar, and although it may incur Georgehaet for the 17" bout and other factors, the whole package is nothing to frown upon, the Hofner 500/1 I'm getting rid of right now being curiously way more cumbersome due to the smaller body that is nothing but FAT with my right wrist either getting bruised up or the arm itself looking for a place to rest. The somewhat rare and intentionally-jazz-oriented MIK G3110 from a while back is the other Jazzy guitar to contras in size, being an otherwise unsual 3" x 16" body that has a comparatively fatter/boxier feel as well, and the tall wooden bridge makes the strings sail high above the top. But I digress...

#ReflectiveJoeFalconMoment
► Show Spoiler

The other thing is that the laminated spruce top, dynasonics, and 25.5" scale makes the G6196TSP-2G a really fun jazzbox as well, and with the more mellow pure nickel strings on it right now the brighter snap of the single coils mated to the higher string tension from the longer scale gets calmed a bit and sets the overall tone in a nicely warm zone. Of course Mr. Koch can make anything sing/pluck/spank, but for the most part far I'm not twanging as nearly as brightly as he is on the Wildwood clip...Which I'm fine with :)

[youtube][/youtube]
visceral

Post by visceral »

Lots of nice guitars in here ^^^ \m/

my two Ibanez guitars

^s470 with SD in Bridge

^RG320 with Dimarzio Evolution (steve vai) in bridge
Disarm D'arcy

Post by Disarm D'arcy »

Family picture missing my Gibson J200 Studio and my 2007 MIM Jazz Bass.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Nice selection, sir. What model is the LP?
Disarm D'arcy

Post by Disarm D'arcy »

'09 Gibson Les Paul Traditionnal Gold Top :wink:

It's amazing, for a Les Paul, and for a Gibson. I kept it full stock, it sounds and plays great.
WayToHip

Post by WayToHip »

Thanks for all the Harmony love. It's an attention getter.
dots wrote:a gretsch is in my long term plan.
Same, probably hopefully as a White Falcon bass. It's in the realm of "Not Happening", but one can dream.
Disarm D'arcy wrote:Family picture missing my Gibson J200 Studio and my 2007 MIM Jazz Bass.
ILF Brethren!
Here's an old pic of my two basses.
On the left is an Korean Thunderbird, it's my main practice bass. It's served me well but I feel ready to upgrade. On the right is an Epiphone Jack Casady. I have a thing for hollowbody instruments and the colour black. This is my gigging/jam bass. Smaller neck by a fraction than the Tbird but it feels faster and more nimble. The Varitone control works great for taming feedback or instantly getting snarly. I have the pickguard off b/c the tan/nude/sand colour is ugly. I don't feel like buying a different pickguard yet too. If I had the money I'd instantly find a white one and put an old mudbucker at the neck.
pumpkin
on the road to bantown

Post by pumpkin »

My Fam.

2006 Gibson "Firebird V" (Brass Nut, Gold knobs)
2006 Rickenbacker "330" "Montezuma Brown"
Hallmark "Custom 60" lefty strung like a righty
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

I remember when RIC did that COTY. I liked it.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Progrockabuse

Post by Progrockabuse »

The family all together, quite happy with this fold I've aquired ;)
Fender Classic Player 60’s Stratocaster>East Coast T1 Tele>
Epiphone Les Paul SL>Ovation 12 String acoustic>Peavey Strat DIY Relic

Marshall Origin 20H>James’s old purple 2x10
Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST
awfurby

Post by awfurby »

ultratwin wrote:Merry Gretschmas, doodz.

That's a nice DuoJet - humpblock inlays and the larger headstock look great. Every so often I think I wouldn't mind an orange Anniverary (6119 single pickup), or a Falcon, but to be honest the G6128 is all I need from Gretsch. It just does everything.