Fender Princeton and Champ in stereo

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Freethenoise

Fender Princeton and Champ in stereo

Post by Freethenoise »

I had the house to myself so I decided to crank these both up and slap a mic on them. Instant blooze revival tones.
I really like these tones, it's got that squashed, desperate kind of feel that translates so well to a band mix.

[youtube][/youtube]
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

Sounds good. I definitely see what you mean about the squashed tone... That sort of tone would cut right through in almost any situation.
sp3k

Post by sp3k »

I love that tone, small amp distortion is the best! The only thing that got me close with a big amp was those wampler fender sounds pedals.
Freethenoise

Post by Freethenoise »

sp3k wrote:I love that tone, small amp distortion is the best! The only thing that got me close with a big amp was those wampler fender sounds pedals.
I've actually always kinda wanted one of them to run through my big Hiwatt to try and get some of those smaller, cranked amp tones. Sadly, getting one requires ponying up AT LEAST $220 (AUD).

I bought a Greer Ghetto Stomp for about $140 and it really does a good job at getting the smaller, Valco, Supro-y tones. My only issue is that it doesn't really have that mid scooped, junky sound that small Fender's have. It's really amp like though, and stacks great with other pedals. I might slap it on my board for my next decent sized gig in February.

[youtube][/youtube]