Bunch of new Electro Harmonix pedals

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Golden_Sonic

Bunch of new Electro Harmonix pedals

Post by Golden_Sonic »

So, aside the Super Pulsar, Electro Harmonix have released four other pedals for the Winter NAMM 2015:

- Holy Grail Neo Verb:

- Octavix Octave Fuzz

- Good Vibes Chorus/Vibrato

- and yes, they've resurrected the Bad Stone Phaser from the '70s
-Guitar: Squier VM Mustang, Squier CV '50 Duo Sonic;
-Amplifier: Hughes&Kettner Blue Edition 60;
-FXs: Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95 Wah, Boss BD-2 Blues Drive, Proco RAT, Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo, EH Small Clone, MUZA FD900, Bespeco Volume pedal.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

without the cool D&D graphics
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

Fakir Mustache wrote:without the cool D&D graphics
That site doesn't allow hotlinking.

Shabba.
Concretebadger

Post by Concretebadger »

The 'good vibes' is worth keeping an eye on I think - I've been wanting that sort of thing for a while since I can never decide whether I want a chorus or phaser on my board.

The Bad Stone could be cool too - it's basically a Small Stone with more tweakability, right? Squeezing the Grail into the new standard 'neo' enclosure is unsurprising, but good news for people who want one.

WTF is going on with the graphics of that other one though? I can't even figure out its name. Urgh. Back to the drawing board there.
George

Post by George »

i wanna know what manual shift does. sounds like it's something cool for an expression pedal to control
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

OH COOL ANOTHER FUCKING HOLY GRAIL.

who the hell uses pedal reverb other than shoegaze nerds
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

That Chorus/Vibrato is a Univibe clone?
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
sholkham

Post by sholkham »

That would be my bet, especially given the Exp. input.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

George wrote:i wanna know what manual shift does. sounds like it's something cool for an expression pedal to control
Fixes the phase position, innit.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

EHX really lost their identity this past decade.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

paul_ wrote:EHX really lost their identity this past decade.
4 real

They tried to be all things to all people, instead of just doing their own thing which was always the coolest.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Concretebadger

Post by Concretebadger »

Apparently the pedal with terribad illegible graphics is called the Octavix:
[youtube][/youtube]
Which is EHX going (partly) back to their roots in making quirky fuzzes I suppose.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Nah it's just them copying other pedals again.

Don't know whether to call them ehx or behringer anymore.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Concretebadger wrote:Which is EHX going (partly) back to their roots in making stuff Hendrix could've conceivably used but probably didn't
fix'd

Didn't even change the name.

I dunno, it's a moot point because soon they'll have been going longer/stronger in this vein than any other, but in the '80s and '90s it was a well known music shop secret that a big, old-fashioned, clunky sheet metal box that said Electro-Harmonix on it would just be a little wackier and a little weirder than any compact on the contemporary market. Those that didn't flock to rack effects bought $20 Triangle Muffs and Poly Phases, Adrian Belew and teh Kurdtz and Pumpkins and Primus sang their praises to no end in all the magazines, they had a triumphant return, the first awesome website by a guitar fx company pretty much ever, and yet nowadays the name "Electro-Harmonix" strongly implies you're getting a hammond BB clone of a Klon, Uni-Vibe, Octavia or some other tired old circuit that the interwebz boutique boom has made bog-standard.
I'm not saying the brand has turned to dogshit and there's certainly been much to rave about in the past 15 years, but it does seem that it's lost the way it's original products spent a prior 30 years paving... and their NAMM debuts have certainly taken a turn for the snoozey.

Probably the closest they got to their roots in spirit recently were those accelerometer wahs, followed a few months later by little flat-bottomed stationary coasters for them to sit in because oh shit, everybody has a pedalboard now. That seems like something they would've pulled in the '70s if it had been possible.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Having previously gone out of business I imagine that the number 1 goal for Matthews is for that to not happen again. A huge amount of the wacky stuff is right there in the line-up, but now sitting alongside the Klon clones and stuff that they now do. Why are they doing that? Because that's the shit that sells. They're still being somewhat innovative while at the same time supplying the same old boring shit that guitarists obviously crave. We're a conservative bunch.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
mezzio13
GOODmin

Post by mezzio13 »

Nick wrote:Don't know whether to call them ehx or behringer anymore.

hahaha
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Just been looking at the 2015 EHX catalogue. Their range is enormous at the moment.

Couple I hadn't seen before:

Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

BearBoy wrote:Image
Oh my fuck, I'll have this one.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Fuck Nano pog!
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

paul_ wrote:
BearBoy wrote:Image
Oh my fuck, I'll have this one.
I did not know this existed. How did I not know.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.