Custom Mustang pickup covers?

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

SherwoodJim

Custom Mustang pickup covers?

Post by SherwoodJim »

Does anyone make them? I haven't found any online yet. I really want to get some cream coloured ones. Help?
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

The Parchment ones are essentially cream. Have you checked eBay?
SherwoodJim

Post by SherwoodJim »

Thomas wrote:The Parchment ones are essentially cream. Have you checked eBay?
Yeah, parchment would be fine, but I can't see any on ebay.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I can't see any at the moment either. Maybe dye some white ones?
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Why should everything be on ebay? They should have a bidding war that goes high on those, it would be funny.

Check top right:
http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/covers_strat.htm
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
SherwoodJim

Post by SherwoodJim »

Fakir Mustache wrote:Why should everything be on ebay? They should have a bidding war that goes high on those, it would be funny.

Check top right:
http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/covers_strat.htm
Thanks! Works out at $25 with postage to UK. Might try dying some cheap ones first...
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Fakir Mustache wrote:Why should everything be on ebay?
For the customer the benefit is convenience and the security of PayPal/dispute resolution processes, for small-time guitar parts retailers I'd think keeping up with your competition would be good enough reason. It's not just an auction site. eBay is best, Amazon marketplace will do in a pinch.

I've shopped at guitarpartsresource a lot and will continue to do so but probably if I have no other alternative because, to be honest, they're pretty crap on communication. When I was doing an LP Jr project they sent me the wrong pickguard material (ordered self-adhesive translucent acoustic tort intent on layering it for a translucent 1-ply celluloid look, they sent me the modern cheapo pizza-puke print in 3-ply ABS), and it took me emailing them 3 times over a week to get an acknowledgement. They said "our bad, keep it and we'll send what you ordered," which they did. A year later I wanted the same stuff again for a duplicate guitar project, ordered it, same story all over again. Took an extra week again. I once contacted them saying I didn't really agree with their description/representation of something and would like to return it and never got a reply. Because it was only a $10 assembly and I didn't want to dick around a 3rd time with them I just left it, and no further correspondence on the matter ever occurred. That's lame.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"