febder duosonic rebuilt

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

John-Lemmon

febder duosonic rebuilt

Post by John-Lemmon »

Hello i have an duosonic rebuild (mim body , fender usa pickups , korean neck ) I wanted to know if it was woth ot to change the neck to a better one ...thank you !
John-Lemmon

Post by John-Lemmon »

NickS

Post by NickS »

Why ask, since you are selling it?
John-Lemmon

Post by John-Lemmon »

because the plan is to either sell it or rebuilt it . But im trying to find another option than buy an 400$ neck ...so i'm looking for other options and i would like to know if its worth it ! Can you help me with any of my questions ?
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

If you wanted to buy a new neck you could get one for way less than that. You could get a late 70s Music Master neck for a good price.

Don't you like the neck that's on it?
John-Lemmon

Post by John-Lemmon »

Thanks for replying Thomas ! Im from Canada and im doing my best to find a neck on the used market but i cant seem to find an short scale neck . Could you point me out to a good site or somewhere to look ? All i see is 280$ necks on ebay, but with the currency convertion its goes around 350-400$ . and no i dont really like the neck on it , its an noname brand . the guy probably bought it for les than 100$ from korea. I would love something thicker . Do you think that a better quality neck would change alot on my guitar ? Playability , sound..??

thanks again !
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I'm also looking for a good 24" scale neck. There's always lots of overpriced ones but they do pop up for sale quite often, you just have to be patient.

The last time I was looking for a Fender Jaguar neck and all the ones on eBay were upwards of $400. I just waited until one came along at the right price and I got one for about 140.

It can be cheaper to just buy a whole guitar and sell off the parts you don't want.

If you like thicker necks you should look out for one from a Fender Bronco.
John-Lemmon

Post by John-Lemmon »

thank you sir i will check that out !
Addam

Post by Addam »

Thomas wrote: If you like thicker necks you should look out for one from a Fender Bronco.
I don't agree with that statement; my own Bronco neck is almost identical to a MIJ Jaguar and only slightly bigger than my old Jagstang.
Maybe later Broncos had chunkier necks, but not all of them.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Fair enough, I'm only going by personal experience, plus I've only ever had one Bronco and it had the thickest neck of any Fender I've ever had by a country mile. It was quite similar to the neck carve on my SG special. The big back with the vintage radius was a bad combination for me.

It was a 77/78.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

John-Lemmon wrote:because the plan is to either sell it or rebuilt it . But im trying to find another option than buy an 400$ neck ...so i'm looking for other options and i would like to know if its worth it ! Can you help me with any of my questions ?
1. Squier Chinese Duo Sonic neck
2. Jagmaster neck- 21 fret 24" scale
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts