i STILL want a flying v

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

brainfur

i STILL want a flying v

Post by brainfur »

but all the used ones ive seen have been bashed to pieces or are $4000 i might get one of the cheap jacksons i like the neck and the ceramic pups are not terrible
http://www.jacksonguitars.com/guitars/r ... ck-bevels/

is there a better bang for the buck?
George wrote:in the future there must be only guitars or only computers
theshadowofseattle wrote:TYPICAL AMERICAN BAND LIKE JAY Z, AXE BODY SPRAY, AND THE VENTURES.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

I have the Indian one (JS30RR), but it doesn't have the pickguard or zebra pickups or the sharkfins, you might be able to pick one up cheap.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Curious if you want traditional or don't mind full-pointy.

May not be of much help, but the Fernandes/Burny Ken sig models are pretty sweet & well built, and pop up a lot on the used market (in Japan). It's called the LV-115KK, and like Ken's older Love Driver model (LD-85KK), it comes in a very sexy champagne pink. If you're lucky, with shipping included one could come out to around US$550

wwrrss
COCKDESTROYER

Post by wwrrss »

THAT'S BEAUTIFUL!
brainfur

Post by brainfur »

oh jesus that is perfect! why does everything in japan have to be 20% cooler???
theshadowofseattle wrote:TYPICAL AMERICAN BAND LIKE JAY Z, AXE BODY SPRAY, AND THE VENTURES.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

SO: am confuse, as Flying Vs tend to be one of the proper Gibsons that I see for sale fairly frequently for non-crazy money *shrug emoticon*
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

How much are you looking to spend? As Benecol says, there are a stack of Gibsons on eBay for way less than $4000 (and that's including comedy Island guitar pricing).
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

brainfur

Post by brainfur »

BearBoy wrote:How much are you looking to spend? As Benecol says, there are a stack of Gibsons on eBay for way less than $4000 (and that's including comedy Island guitar pricing).
welp, i'm really reluctant to buy anything from ebay-- i've checked out several guitars from craigslist that seemed ok but had too much fret wear or were more banged up than they look in photos-- I imagine ebay is like that times 1000... am I stupid for not trusting ebay sellers? Maybe-- I dunno-- i'm just a very old man, i guess. I know I can mail something back and demand a refund if its not as advertised, but that seems like such a nightmare compared to buying something that I know is what i want...

all that having been said, I'm really jonezing now for that sparkly burny V now even though I know I'm never gonna be able to check it out before buying it...
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

brainfur wrote:
BearBoy wrote:How much are you looking to spend? As Benecol says, there are a stack of Gibsons on eBay for way less than $4000 (and that's including comedy Island guitar pricing).
welp, i'm really reluctant to buy anything from ebay-- i've checked out several guitars from craigslist that seemed ok but had too much fret wear or were more banged up than they look in photos-- I imagine ebay is like that times 1000... am I stupid for not trusting ebay sellers? Maybe-- I dunno-- i'm just a very old man, i guess. I know I can mail something back and demand a refund if its not as advertised, but that seems like such a nightmare compared to buying something that I know is what i want...

all that having been said, I'm really jonezing now for that sparkly burny V now even though I know I'm never gonna be able to check it out before buying it...
eBay isn't Craigslist. When eBay starts auctioning off meetings between closet homosexuals to jack off back-to-back or something, then sure, draw the comparison.

So yeah, eBay is pretty trustworthy. You get some scammers on there, but as a buyer you're generally exceptionally well-protected.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

If you want Japanese '67 style that were heavily imported in the US try Bradley or Vantage, you might find one on Craigslist or Reverb something.
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

[/quote] eBay isn't Craigslist. When eBay starts auctioning off meetings between closet homosexuals to jack off back-to-back or something, then sure, draw the comparison.

So yeah, eBay is pretty trustworthy. You get some scammers on there, but as a buyer you're generally exceptionally well-protected.[/quote]

That's some funny shit! :lol:

My ebuying experiences have all been good. 10 guitars maybe more. I've lost track.
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
damienblair17

Post by damienblair17 »

I really like this one. Not pointy, gibson, or japanese, but offset and decent pickups (if you don't mind active PAF style).

http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/ ... num-detail
ekwatts wrote:eBay isn't Craigslist. When eBay starts auctioning off meetings between closet homosexuals to jack off back-to-back or something, then sure, draw the comparison.

So yeah, eBay is pretty trustworthy. You get some scammers on there, but as a buyer you're generally exceptionally well-protected.
Agreed.
Doog wrote:The perfect marriage of Teh Kurdtz and Teh Durstz.
RUN AMOK!

KESSEL RUN!
brainfur

Post by brainfur »

damienblair17 wrote:I really like this one. Not pointy, gibson, or japanese, but offset and decent pickups (if you don't mind active PAF style).

http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/ ... num-detail
ekwatts wrote:eBay isn't Craigslist. When eBay starts auctioning off meetings between closet homosexuals to jack off back-to-back or something, then sure, draw the comparison.

Agreed.
yeah i played a white schecter V like 3 years ago that was beautiful-- this one looks great but i've no interest in active pups
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Vintage VV60 if you're looking for a decent guitar for cheapz... £150 on ebay just now.

XY
brainfur

Post by brainfur »

dezb1 wrote:Vintage VV60 if you're looking for a decent guitar for cheapz... £150 on ebay just now.

ARGH they fucked up the body shape on the current batch D:

still might be the cheapest option tho
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

I like the Graham Oliver signature model:
costs a bit more of course.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Shame they changed the styling... There's a few amber ones going cheap on fleabay just now. Always had good experiences with the Vintage guitars I've owned.
XY
toez10

Post by toez10 »

I had an epiphone korina flying V for a while and really loved the way it played and sounded. It was a much nicer feeling guitar than the Gibson faded that I had owned before it.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

if you get one you have to play it like Dave Davies

► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.