Electric Guitar Build 001

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

Chris Fleming

Post by Chris Fleming »

TITS!!! when I re-did the headstock I must have not sealed it up properly as it's gone all crappy. There are also bits where it seems to have gone all cloudy and is separating between layers. It wouldn't be such a big deal if I could just strip the headstock again and do it again properly, but there is cloudy bits where the neck runs into the headstock on one side. I really don't want to be stripping the whole thing so I'll see what can done as the rest of the neck looks pretty good. Going to just sand back the headstock and seal it up til I spray the body.

Think I'll pay someone to do this next time
Chris Fleming

Post by Chris Fleming »

been for ever since I posted anything on this. Finally got it all together just about. Need to sort a few things out and the pickup routes didn't turn out too clean but it's getting there.
Mostly I have to clean it up and spray it

Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Looks nice, don't know how I feel about that pickup that close to the bridge, would have to hear it.

Btw Chris, always been curious, what is your avatar from?
Chris Fleming

Post by Chris Fleming »

Yeah. Not to sure about it myself. I only tend to pick up on these things after I do them... We shall see I guess.

My avatar is a self-portrait (of sorts) that i did. I'm doing a series of portraits where they have wee cartoon guys on thier shoulders. I hate doing self-portraits so did one with me on the shoulder of the cartoon guy