Hall of fame mini

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

dezb1
The Oppressor

Hall of fame mini

Post by dezb1 »

Anyone got one, are they and good? Sent my line 6 m5 back as it kept cutting out but I've got used to a nice spring reverb. And have found a good deal on one of these.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Tc stuff is cool, their stock spring model isn't the best though. But the Robben Ford Toneprint is really nice for a springy reverb sound, it's become my main reverb setting.
GreenKnee

Post by GreenKnee »

I got one a couple of weeks ago for a quick and easy reverb for when I'm at home. Its ok, but having to change the settings with your phone gets tiresome once you've got over the 'Cool!' factor. Also not being able to tweak and change settings means that you're 'verb will be close enough, but never quite perfect.
The Sigur Ros reverb setting is ace though
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

GreenKnee wrote:I got one a couple of weeks ago for a quick and easy reverb for when I'm at home. Its ok, but having to change the settings with your phone gets tiresome once you've got over the 'Cool!' factor. Also not being able to tweak and change settings means that you're 'verb will be close enough, but never quite perfect.
I thought it'd be quite controllable as you can set the knob to control 3 parameters simultaneously.

And I won't be able to use my phone to change patches as they don't have an app for windows phones
Benmurray85

Post by Benmurray85 »

dezb1 wrote:
GreenKnee wrote:I got one a couple of weeks ago for a quick and easy reverb for when I'm at home. Its ok, but having to change the settings with your phone gets tiresome once you've got over the 'Cool!' factor. Also not being able to tweak and change settings means that you're 'verb will be close enough, but never quite perfect.
I thought it'd be quite controllable as you can set the knob to control 3 parameters simultaneously.

And I won't be able to use my phone to change patches as they don't have an app for windows phones
without the app you will stuck with one sound that you can tweak with the controls. that sound (AFAIK) will have been designed specifically by a "star" (most of which on the tc app I've never heard off)

in short you won't have a general reverb sound that you can tweak, you'll have someone's specific reverb sound that you can tweak. I may have got all this wrong! I have the mini chorus but not the reverb
How Terribly Rock N Roll
Mike wrote:That's like honk squared. too much fucking honk.
markleton

Post by markleton »

I have one, I quite like it. I use the app but you can tweak things using a computer and USB lead.

The jonsi tone print is really good, I use that and the room with a view tone print. Ive been tempted to sell it and get a dedicated modulated reverb, it's a cool pedal but I don't use much of its capabilities.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

I'll use me PC, also apparently you can program 3 reverbs changeable by the knob
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Hof arrived today the stock reverb is better than I expected its been dissed a bit, realised I don't have a mini usb lead need to pick one up tomorrow. Looking at the videos of the editor and the parameters it allows you to tweak this looks like just the job... Sort of glad my M5 broke now as I can get into the guts of programming this thing.

Hopefully I can program a verb that goes from light spring to shoegaze wash all on the sweep of the knob
markleton

Post by markleton »

dezb1 wrote:Hof arrived today the stock reverb is better than I expected its been dissed a bit, realised I don't have a mini usb lead need to pick one up tomorrow. Looking at the videos of the editor and the parameters it allows you to tweak this looks like just the job... Sort of glad my M5 broke now as I can get into the guts of programming this thing.

Hopefully I can program a verb that goes from light spring to shoegaze wash all on the sweep of the knob
I've never actually tried messing with the editor, if you get your spring-shoegazy thing sorted could you share your editor file?
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

markleton wrote:
dezb1 wrote:Hof arrived today the stock reverb is better than I expected its been dissed a bit, realised I don't have a mini usb lead need to pick one up tomorrow. Looking at the videos of the editor and the parameters it allows you to tweak this looks like just the job... Sort of glad my M5 broke now as I can get into the guts of programming this thing.

I've never actually tried messing with the editor, if you get your spring-shoegazy thing sorted could you share your editor file?
Will do... Hopefully have a go at getting my head round the editor tonight.
sholkham

Post by sholkham »

Does it do drippy surf spring reverb? I'm trying to weigh up this and the Boss FRV at the moment.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

sholkham wrote:Does it do drippy surf spring reverb? I'm trying to weigh up this and the Boss FRV at the moment.
Definitely does surf spring... Not sure if it does drippy surf spring
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Got my first draft of my springy-shoegazey toneprint done... However I can't share it as the editor TC have released to the public doesn't allow you to export tone prints as they want to keep the ability to give them away to themselves.
markleton

Post by markleton »

dezb1 wrote:Got my first draft of my springy-shoegazey toneprint done... However I can't share it as the editor TC have released to the public doesn't allow you to export tone prints as they want to keep the ability to give them away to themselves.
Thought that might have been the case. How about screenshotting your settings and I'll have a bash at it myself? I struggled when I tried to make the one knob do two things at once.