Gabriel Wareing Quartet

Plug your music, photography, graphics, shows of any kind or other creative works.

Moderated By: mods

Gabriel

Gabriel Wareing Quartet

Post by Gabriel »

Over the past year I've spent a lot of time composing music, I've played this live a lot but haven't really had the chance to record anything.

But tomorrow I'm heading into the studio with my band and we're going to bash out my very first album as a band leader.

You can follow the goings on through facebook : http://www.facebook.com/gabrielwareingmusic

or my website: gabrielwareing.com

Heres a photo from rehearsals today though

ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Excited to hear your future directions and ongoing growth as both a solo performer and band leader with new material, Gabriel. Website looking tight as well!

I probably never mentioned how much I envy your discipline, musical focus, and passion for your art at such a relatively young age; I was such a musically confused mess in my 20s ;)
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Thanks man thats really kind of you to say!

Recording went well today, I'm absolutely shattered now though. We recorded for about 6 hours straight, all live recordings. First tune was done in one take but the rest were 3-4 take jobs. We should have enough takes to have a solid album, but we may need to re-do a couple, I'll know for certain when we start mixing later in the week.

In other news we've got a gig booked in Edinburgh on the 29th September at Henry's Cellar bar. We're also trying to get some festival slots for summer too, nothing is confirmed yet but there are some exciting prospects across Europe.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Exciting stuff Gabriel. Look forward to hearing the results.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

BearBoy wrote:Exciting stuff Gabriel. Look forward to hearing the results.
Me too!!
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Finished the majority of mixing today, just waiting on a guest solo to record and we'll be completely done.

Can't wait to get this album out there. Going to book a photographer for the next week or so to get some photos for the artwork.

It's sounding goooood.

Here's a cheeky preview of some of the rough mixes:

http://soundcloud.com/gabriel-wareing/album-preview
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Updated my website today. It now has cool drop down menus when you're on a mobile and all around looks a bit better I think. I'm still absolutely terrible when it comes to web design to a lot of the things I wanted to do I can't work out, but I'm pretty happy with how it's looking. Now I just need to fill up the live page with more gigs. I just need to get them first! If anyone knows of any jazz clubs around the UK let me know ;).
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Updated my website again - in time for my first appearance on Guitar Star on Sky Arts no less...

Here's a video from a recent gig so you can hear what we're up to. Album drops on July 3rd

[youtube][/youtube]