Hell Labs project update

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

DGNR8

Hell Labs project update

Post by DGNR8 »

If anyone is wondering, I stopped posting a while back because I was putting all my spare time into building.

Last year I put together a dozen or more guitars, including multiple Telecasters. I am going to blog about them, because they are cover just about every model except Snakehead. I made several vintage tribute models, including pink Paisley, a Smuggler, and a rare Burgundy Mist with pink guard.

I also built a Maverick with a Coro XII neck and a body that Cooter made. I couldn't get the rotary switch to work, so I used a regular pot under the big chicken head knob. It's not a real Custom anyway, so WTF? And I was thinking that instead of making a hard break between sounds, it could taper.

I was stripping a 70s Custom Tele and discovered gold leaf under crappy spray paint. I don't generally like gold, but it is like no paint I have ever used. The reflective qualities are intense and brilliant. I was not planning on selling it, but in case I do, I thought I should find out if the gold leaf works, or if I should strip and paint it. I will take photos of it later today.
Yell Like Hell
NickS

Post by NickS »

I did think you'd gone a bit low-output or even open-circuit.
Gold leaf????
cur

Post by cur »

((nopics))

singlepup

Post by singlepup »

Super interested in reading your building blog.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Can't wait!
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit