Can you use 008 gauge with a Bigsby tremolo?

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

ekwatts wrote: Don't go all Ritchie Blackmore on them or you're gonna have a bad time, k?
My old guitar player pulled up too hard on his once and the spring shot out and hit the guitar tech. (who also pierced his lip with a drum stand and had a girl fall out of the balcony and on top of him at one of our shows.)
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
George

Post by George »

ekwatts wrote:I'd say bigsbys are about on a par with the Jag trem. Never really had much experience with Mustang trems, to be quite honest. But yeah, bigsbys and other similar trems are for light wobbles. That's it. Don't go all Ritchie Blackmore on them or you're gonna have a bad time, k?
bigsbys are garbage compared to jag trems
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

George wrote:
ekwatts wrote:I'd say bigsbys are about on a par with the Jag trem. Never really had much experience with Mustang trems, to be quite honest. But yeah, bigsbys and other similar trems are for light wobbles. That's it. Don't go all Ritchie Blackmore on them or you're gonna have a bad time, k?
bigsbys are garbage compared to jag trems
Used both, can't see much difference in actual effect or operation. But I don't use them all that much, either. I kinda just like being able to when I want to, probably because I've almost always had trems on all guitars I've owned.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
71Smallbox

Post by 71Smallbox »

Tommy Iommi must be a huge pussy since he plays with 8's. No wonder his guitar tone is so weak.
awfurby

Post by awfurby »

plopswagon wrote:My old guitar player pulled up too hard on his once and the spring shot out and hit the guitar tech. (who also pierced his lip with a drum stand and had a girl fall out of the balcony and on top of him at one of our shows.)
What, all at the same time? That sounds incredible!
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

71Smallbox wrote:Tommy Iommi must be a huge pussy since he plays with 8's. No wonder his guitar tone is so weak.
He doesn't have any fingers. I think he has a valid medical reason for using 8s.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen

Post by BobArsecake »

awfurby wrote:
plopswagon wrote:My old guitar player pulled up too hard on his once and the spring shot out and hit the guitar tech. (who also pierced his lip with a drum stand and had a girl fall out of the balcony and on top of him at one of our shows.)
Yeah, I might be interested in going to see bands again if that sort of stuff happened.
71Smallbox

Post by 71Smallbox »

ekwatts wrote:
71Smallbox wrote:Tommy Iommi must be a huge pussy since he plays with 8's. No wonder his guitar tone is so weak.
He doesn't have any fingers. I think he has a valid medical reason for using 8s.
And his tone is thin and weak.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

BobArsecake wrote:
awfurby wrote:
Yeah, I might be interested in going to see bands again if that sort of stuff happened.
Alas, this was probably over a period of a couple of years.
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

This thread was brilliant.

Many thanks guys!