new BLACK INTERNATIONAL video / album

Plug your music, photography, graphics, shows of any kind or other creative works.

Moderated By: mods

stewart
Cunning Linguist

new BLACK INTERNATIONAL video / album

Post by stewart »

hullo. so, our new album is coming out on 30th october, and will be called A Lesson In Repression. already beginning to regret the title because nobody seems to be abe to get it right so far... and there was me thinking it sounding a bit pretentious was the problem. fuck ittttt

the first video from it is streaming on a canadian site called Exclaim!, and you can watch it here: dat link.

we filmed it over two freezing nights in march, part of it was done outside a building on a government watch list (presumably they have a defence contract, and we're bumbling around cheerfully being filmed on a barrage of cctv cameras) nd we subsequently had a visit from the police asking what we were doing and raising the possibility of confiscating the footage. they didn't though. the rest was done outside a disused mental hspital near my folks' house, and was ultra creepy, especially when a car drives up the road that leads NOWHERE at 1am and is clearly dumping a body or something. still, good fun.

Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

Video is awesome, song is awesome. Can't wait for the album to drop dude! We're pushing for an EP around the same date, hopefully we don't fuck it up again like last year. Wished you guys played over here.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

Good wash of noises throughout (forgive me not knowing what it's properly called, but like the soundbed behind the scenes - you catch my drift, I'm sure).

And when I start my band, I'm nicking Craig. I need you to realise that. He's an ace drummer.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

This is the song your Superego is on. The bendy/faux reverse notes on the break sections are it.

Thanks Josh. You never know, loads of my mates' bands have been hitting the States recently so it's not unobtainable.
Last edited by stewart on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Good to hear some more BI !

Video is great too. Well done chaps x
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

Thanks m8. Miss u.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Yeah man Edinburgh trip is needed.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

We're tantalisingly close to having the flat finished (reality: living in a dusty shithouse waiting for the plasterer to start), so once it's done you should pop up. Got a deluxe blow up mattress and the wee one can have the couch. Or you could be civilised and book into a hotel.. But do it, and you, me, Gav, Mike and big Al can hit the pub.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Sounds like a blissful plan mate!!
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Loved the video, mate; gonna give it a few more spins this very day
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Great stuff Stewart. Really like both the song and the video.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
NickD

Re: new BLACK INTERNATIONAL video / album

Post by NickD »

stewart wrote:we subsequently had a visit from the police asking what we were doing and raising the possibility of confiscating the footage. they didn't though.
Because they can't , legally, IIRC.

Cool video, it's amazing how good a video that didn't cost millions can look.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

Yeah, for £500 I'm extremely pleased with the results. I put a storyboard together which had a more involved ending, but it would've required lights, someone to operate them and another evening or two, and I didn't feel that spending that much would've been worthwhile as we planned to do three videos for the album. Ciaran the director was up for doing it, but I think we made the right choice.

Glad folk like it!
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Loved it!! I was actually getting antsy at the end waiting for full on motion to kick in gnnnnnh!!!
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

stewart wrote:This is the song your Superego is on. The bendy/faux reverse notes on the break sections are it.

Thanks Josh. You never know, loads of my mates' bands have been hitting the States recently so it's not unobtainable.
If you ever do let me know! We'd go great on a bill together, and I could put you dudes up in pgh. It'd be awesome.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

it's unlikely to happen, but who knows...

we have embeddable versionn

[youtube][/youtube]

free mp3 download of the album version here: http://soundcloud.com/abadgeoffriendsh ... a-fence-to