hey honeyiscool, check these out

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Fakir Mustache

hey honeyiscool, check these out

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Bullfighter (yeah, dumb brand name) copies of the Squier Hello Kitty:
http://world.tmall.com/item/520550954272.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.J0vct3
The Dakota Red and vintage white ones look nice. Do those look smaller to you than the Squiers?
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Addam

Post by Addam »

Yes, you're right, these do look a shit load smaller than the real deal.

I think the kittycaster is the ultimate metal guitar; single humbucker, volume knob, hardtail. Ideal for down tuning, chugging and widdly widdly shit.
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

I'd buy two of those in pink, for my girls, if they came in lefty.
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
rps-10

Post by rps-10 »

I'd say they were around 18" scale, same as those other "children s guitars" with the single coil and in built speaker.
Mike wrote:All my LEDs are bright, the blues are bright as all hell.
mezzio13 wrote:JJ makes sweeps look easy and effortless. His nick name should be broom.
honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

These look sucky but I think they're fun. Unfortunately, I think they look more sucky than fun, and that's not cheap if it's 48,000 Yen, that's like 400 dollars. Even the pickguard looks inconsistent and poorly cut, just look at how they differ from guitar to guitar.

I actually sold both of my Hello Kitty guitars over the great purge of 2015 (I'm selling 3 guitars and 2 basses over the last few weeks). It's all an effort to turn my large collection of "good enough" instruments into a collection of "OMG BEST EVER" instruments. But don't worry! I kept the pickguard and Duncan Custom pickup that I took off of my very first Hello Kitty guitar. I am planning on using that to create a unique custom instrument.

My thinking: rear-routed Jazzmaster. One of the annoying things about the Hello Kitty Strat was that I couldn't get crazy with wiring because there just isn't space on a rear routed Strat body once you cover it up with the Kitty pickguard. I eventually want to put a neck pickup in there. The Jazzmaster's offset body gives me the room I need, and the 25.5" scale ensures that the pickguard will work just fine. I already have a big headstock 22-fret 25.5" neck to go with it. I just need to have the body be built. I might just go with Warmoth, their rear routed Jazzmaster body is pretty much perfect for my needs. Thanks for showing me these, though. It really helps me see how the guitar will look with different colored body colors. I'm loving the white on vintage white look, but what looks like Fiesta Red looks amazing, too. The obvious color is Neon Pink but maybe the Vintage White will be more my color.
Kicking and squealing Gucci little piggy.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

honeyiscool wrote: and that's not cheap if it's 48,000 Yen, that's like 400 dollars.
480 Yuan, about 75 USD.

But that's a Chinese internal site, I don't think you can buy internationally. However, they do seem to have them on aliexpress for about $250.

Here's a pink one for $143, but they seem to charge about the same as the price of the guitar for shipping to where I live (I don't know about US):
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/hello-Kitty-cute-pink-single-children-practice-electric-guitar-design-electric-guitar/32414050852.html?ws_ab_test=201407_5,201444_5,201409_2
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
NickS

Post by NickS »

Addam wrote:Yes, you're right, these do look a shit load smaller than the real deal.

I think the kittycaster is the ultimate metal guitar; single humbucker, volume knob, hardtail. Ideal for down tuning, chugging and widdly widdly shit.
Surely it's a string short?
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

NO.

Real men tune their guitars down, they don't play seven strings.

They do, however, play Hello Kitty guitars.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.