Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

singlepup

Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Post by singlepup »

Picked this guy up for less than $150 (used) at Guitar Center Pasadena. Really pleased with it. I guess I do like the 12" radius after all. Makes me happy cause my go-to guitar was a black Gibson LP standard for many years.

singlepup

Post by singlepup »

Obligatory WTR family shot

singlepup

Post by singlepup »

JJLipton

Post by JJLipton »

What radius is on the jag stang? I often find myself wishing my PRS radius was much flatter, like an ibanez.
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

The Jag-Stang has a 7.25 inch radius. Not flat at all!

Pretty much all Gibson and Epiphone stuff has a 12 inch radius. What's your PRS like?
paul_

Post by paul_ »

I believe PRS use a 10" radius and those Ibanez wizard/shreddy type guitars are usually like 14-17.

I find certain radii to suit certain designs. I mainly play Gibsons nowadays (12" radius) but no Fender design I've ever played benefited from having anything flatter than 7.25" radius. Such a marginal difference to things like string bends and that, and at least to my hands it seems clunkier and boring with the big-ass frets in a 9.5" radius. Thx Halen.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"