thinking of doing an toggly

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

dots
BADmin (he/him)

thinking of doing an toggly

Post by dots »

on my hh(90/90) jag. i'm kinda seeing the virtue of easily switching between the two pickups in one go a lot more advantageous than turning the pickups off. with two single coil pickups, this should be pretty easy to do, no? the only thing i am having trouble procuring is the control plate. i supposed i could ghetto rig it with just a couple washers, but i was hoping for something a little more clean.

and you better believe that switch tip will be amber.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

inb4 someone hassles me for the word "ghetto".
honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

This guy sells laser cut custom plates:

http://www.ponoko.com/design-your-own/p ... ates-10317

But here's something that would be a lot cheaper and more DIY friendly. You know those stupid Strat backplates that nobody keeps on their guitar? Try to track one down. First of all, they're like $2 if you eBay them from China, or you might even have one. Glue some aluminum foil on the back of it. Cut it to the shape of a Jaguar plate using hand tools, a Dremel if you got one. Drill a hole. There. Got one.

Because I was annoyed at having to spend money on plates in the past, I had a pickguard made for me without the Jaguar control plate cutout. That way I could just wire straight to the pickguard.
Kicking and squealing Gucci little piggy.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Dude, this is priceless. I regret that I am ill-equipped in both skill and hardware to do cut shit up and make this myself, but the link is what I need. Thank you!
mezzio13
GOODmin

Post by mezzio13 »

honeyiscool wrote:This guy sells laser cut custom plates:

http://www.ponoko.com/design-your-own/p ... ates-10317

But here's something that would be a lot cheaper and more DIY friendly. You know those stupid Strat backplates that nobody keeps on their guitar? Try to track one down. First of all, they're like $2 if you eBay them from China, or you might even have one. Glue some aluminum foil on the back of it. Cut it to the shape of a Jaguar plate using hand tools, a Dremel if you got one. Drill a hole. There. Got one.

Because I was annoyed at having to spend money on plates in the past, I had a pickguard made for me without the Jaguar control plate cutout. That way I could just wire straight to the pickguard.
That dude makes you wait until he has enough orders to fill a whole sheet of stainless. No idea how long that takes.

You could get a concentric pot and one of those 3-way rotary switched like on the S-51's. And then get a blank jag plate that someone has that I can't remember.
finboy

Post by finboy »

Strider13 on offset does the plates, he usually has spares kicking around, try shooting him a pm
mezzio13
GOODmin

Post by mezzio13 »

Ship it to the center of the universe, and I'll fix all of it's problems.....
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

finboy wrote:Strider13 on offset does the plates, he usually has spares kicking around, try shooting him a pm
i don't have an offset account. :oops:
Addam

Post by Addam »

He has a Facebook page, I would guess you can order from there
honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

Or just send an email to [email protected]
Kicking and squealing Gucci little piggy.
mezzio13
GOODmin

Post by mezzio13 »

Addam wrote:He has a Facebook page, I would guess you can order from there
dots no facebook lol