replacing a neck on a Fender MIM supersonic

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

HellaMelos

replacing a neck on a Fender MIM supersonic

Post by HellaMelos »

I'm having a lot of issues with my fender supersonic. The skunk stripe is always popping out and I've sanded the neck down so many times that the stripe itself feels porous and rough to the touch... I'm so over this mim neck that I want to just swap it.

Does anybody know what kind of necks fit the supersonic?
24" scale.
HNB

Post by HNB »

I imagine any 24 scale Fender neck would work. You would just need to dowel it and redrill so it would have the mounting holes in the right spot.
visceral

Post by visceral »

Im sure you can find a replacement neck on ebay or thru Stratosphere. And the supersonic neck is unique I believe cuz of the pocket/neck plate area but I could be wrong. I owned my supersonic 15+ years ago. I have a few other shortscales now and thought there was a difference between the necks.
HNB

Post by HNB »

I think that was the Japanese ones. Even with those, if you redrilled for the different screw position you should be ok.
wadeaminute

Post by wadeaminute »

Both of the Super-Sonics have the unique pocket - normal short-scale necks won't work. I haven't tried it, but I suspect that the Japanese and Mexican necks might be compatible. As I had one of my Mexican ones converted to a XII, I sorta want to put that neck on a Japanese body just for kicks.
They are hard necks to find, except for through Stratosphere (sometimes).

A Whole Bunch of Guitars. Some with sparkles. Some with Pearl. Some with racing stripes.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

dang, i've never heard of a skunk stripe doing that. was it dropped or smashed at any point?