3 New shortscales w/ MODS

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

dreiss

3 New shortscales w/ MODS

Post by dreiss »

I traded in ALL my other standard scale guitars for these 3 new short scales.
1. Little Martin w/ Custom Fretboard Dot Inlays and K&K Pickup, and Fret Dressing/Setup.
2. Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar in 3-Color Sunburst w/ New Bone Nut, larger strings, Mustang Bridge (not pictured), and Fret Dressing/Setup.
3. Squire Stratocaster Mini with new Bone Nut and Fret Dressing/Setup. Lubricate Tuners.
These mods really made a big difference to me w/ these guitars.
All the action is set low - and intonation is excellent.
I had Dave MacCubbin who builds custom guitars do all the work.
He was impressed by all 3 guitar's quality - with exception of the vintage jaguar bridge.
www.maccubbinguitars.com
Lil' Martin
Squire Jaguar
Mini Squire Strat
61fury

Post by 61fury »

Loved my Strat Mini. 35 bucks at a flea market. I did a fret level and crown, was going to do the 3 barrel mod but I ended up giving it away at Christmas instead.
The pick ups were very good. I think the best of all my guitars
db

Post by db »

61fury wrote:Loved my Strat Mini. 35 bucks at a flea market. I did a fret level and crown, was going to do the 3 barrel mod but I ended up giving it away at Christmas instead.
The pick ups were very good. I think the best of all my guitars
What's a 3 barrel mod? Is it like 3 bridge saddles like a tele? I got my son a squier mini a few years ago, repainted it with rattle can sherwood green (his choice), it looks lovely!