New Band

Plug your music, photography, graphics, shows of any kind or other creative works.

Moderated By: mods

Gabriel

New Band

Post by Gabriel »

Today I launched the latest project I've been working on with some friends. It's basically an evolution of the quartet I've been playing with for the past couple of years. I used to run the band and write all the music but we've progressively worked towards a co-led venture.

With the change in direction we decided we should probably rebrand ourselves. So today we officially (via facebook, the most official of official) launched ourselves as Quarks.

We're currently recording an ep, we've done the first two tracks with a video for one of them. We've got three further tracks to record and film and then we'll be getting CD's duplicated.

Anyway please take a look/listen and maybe give it a cheeky like if you feel so inclined.

http://www.facebook.com/quarksofficial/

[youtube][/youtube]
wetbelly

Post by wetbelly »

Very cool.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

nice
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
johnnyseven

Post by johnnyseven »

I really liked this Gabriel. I don't know much about jazz, what I listen to tends to be from the late 50's through to the mid 70's, but to my ears it has a really modern sound. Are there any modern jazz records or groups that influenced this sound or are doing a similar things that I should listen to?
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Yeah I was really influenced by guys like GoGo Penguin and Polar Bear when I was writing some tunes for this band. They would be a good place to start.
johnnyseven

Post by johnnyseven »

Thanks Gabriel, i'll check them out.