Mustang musings....

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Johno

Mustang musings....

Post by Johno »

So I bought this nice 1974? Mustang off Pacafeliz some time ago & while its been great bashing out some chords around the house I have come to the realization that it really needs a fret job if I'm to record with it & gig.

Before I take it for a re-fret I am thinking of doing the 5.0 wiring mod which I discovered via Thomas's own Mustang thread & incidentally another of Pats stang's
http://www.shortscale.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60335
The pickups are currently wired on/off & I think this mod looks pretty good, any of you guys tried this? Any idea where I can get the 4 lug switches in the UK? The normal Mustang ones are 3.

Obviously this guitar was refinished a while ago but is not bad at all although I had thought of stripping the headstock I have now picked up a decal.

The pups are also no original but don't sound too bad so I will live with them a while then most likely go for a set of SD Antiquities.
Also anyone have experience of the Staytrem trem arm for Mustangs? I have one on my Jaguar & it performs great, do you really need one on a mustang or do the arms stay put?

Some of Pats pics from his FS ad.... we all like guitar pics right!