small bass amp

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

dezb1
The Oppressor

small bass amp

Post by dezb1 »

Looking for a small bass amp for home use 20 watt(ish) roundabout the £100 mark, am considering the Warwick BC20 as it sounds good on teh youtube demos... Don't need anything bigger as I've been using my Sparrow di when playing live and am very happy with my sound... Any opinions? Or suggestions?
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Have a look at Orange Crush bass amps. I remember James on here got one and was happy with it.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Don't think I could put up with the orangeness...
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Most of the guys up here use the Laney combos, they're cheap and sound great. They've also got enough poke for small gigs and jams if needs be.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

dezb1 wrote:Don't think I could put up with the orangeness...
The come in black too

Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Gabriel wrote:Most of the guys up here use the Laney combos, they're cheap and sound great. They've also got enough poke for small gigs and jams if needs be.
What model... Laney RB2 Richter?
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

The bass player in Sell Crazy has a larger Laney Richter series amp and it's lovely.

I think his is an RB4
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Someone on the bass forum suggested I get a bass cab and use my zt lunchbox as a head...
paul_

Post by paul_ »

easiest: cheapass combo with power amp input (Fender Frontman-ish) so you can use your Sparrow into it

feasibiliest: SWR Workingman series (cash --> peace of mind exchange service for the casually gigging bassist). Won't break the bank, just your back and any toes that, to be fair, really shouldn't have been sitting there in the first place
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

dezb1 wrote:Someone on the bass forum suggested I get a bass cab and use my zt lunchbox as a head...
It would function, but guitar amps are usually voiced for guitar and don't give that nice low end. You'd probably get more low end with a bass amp and 1x10" than a guitar amp and 1x15".
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Yeah there's at least three RB2s kicking around one of the rehearsal spaces I use. They sound great at any volume, they manage to found good when you're ragging them too which is rare for smaller amps.
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

I have a 25 watt orange crush bass amp too and love it. I really like it a lot more than any other bass amp of that size. It sounds awesome and is the perfect size to pick up and take anywhere with me.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Holyshit, Billy3000! How the devil are you?
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

Doog wrote:Holyshit, Billy3000! How the devil are you?
Doing great man! It's been a while since I've posted regularly on here, but I still pop by every once in a while! How've you been? I need to post an update thread in the pub sometime since it's been such a long time since a lot of you have heard from me!
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Billy3000 wrote:
Doog wrote:Holyshit, Billy3000! How the devil are you?
Doing great man! It's been a while since I've posted regularly on here, but I still pop by every once in a while! How've you been? I need to post an update thread in the pub sometime since it's been such a long time since a lot of you have heard from me!
DO EET
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Went to Guitar guitar earlier today and tried the Laney RB2, ended up buying the RB1 as it was just for home use so I didn't need the 30watts 15 will be more than enough and it sounds great for such a small amp.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Be sure to help it settle in its new home by showing it its new bed

NickS

Post by NickS »

I was going to suggest that little Orange Bass Terror thing I saw at the jam on Sunday plus a 1x12, but it looks like it's actually 500W.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Doog wrote:Be sure to help it settle in its new home by showing it its new bed

Silk sheets... And rose petals. Also that's the old model, I has the new one with the kick back