Musicmaster Mystery Project

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

Awstin

Musicmaster Mystery Project

Post by Awstin »

I was searching through musicmasters on Reverb and this "partsmaster" popped up with a buy it now for $200. Here was the description..

"For your consideration is an interesting and unique axe. We have dubbed this the Partsmaster. The guitar shows some signs of use, but is a true player. The headstock shows some signs of use, but nothing major. It is also missing a logo and has no identifying marks. The neck does not have a truss rod, but plays incredibly well. At some point, the fretboard was moved, then re-glued and was also re-fretted. Both the re-glue and the re-fret were done quite well. The frets have some minor signs of wear, but nothing detrimental or unsightly. The fretboard looks fantastic. The body is an actual Fender Musicmaster body, whereas the neck plate is a Fernandes. The body has some signs of use, notably several dings on the body. The Fender Lace Sensor pickup sounds nice and strong.
The guitar plays smoothly and is incredibly unique!"

Going by that, it's a legit vintage fender musicmaster body (in great shape) and looking at the bridge, it looks like it is definitely a vintage musicmaster bridge. Correct mounting screw amount and correct style saddles. Sweet. Also, there is a Lace Sensor in the neck. Double sweet. Good deal.

So I bought it. We'll have to wait and see. Might build a nice little musicmaster out of it or just keep it as is and jam with it if it plays decent. Here's some pics!

Imagesbdzgmhejee1h5uqmslx by punkacc9, on Flickr
Imageoxzm3wdew613jxortmhj by punkacc9, on Flickr
Imageuus2cut708cfeny0yrro by punkacc9, on Flickr
Imagegmzys7vzo1wqrywgs8yv by punkacc9, on Flickr
Imageqarcojtuu8eyg1yfvrqf by punkacc9, on Flickr
Imagezkmei5th6nkmthq6rg7x by punkacc9, on Flickr
Imagediroyyawjitvpp9roise by punkacc9, on Flickr
Imageixuiyxoiclbd1f9jbflj by punkacc9, on Flickr
Imageaxrefv7kmw7of4snxkos by punkacc9, on Flickr
Imageaminxbbymzzdrdclz5yq by punkacc9, on Flickr
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
MattK

Post by MattK »

Man, that looks cool. I'd hit it for $200!
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

Congrats!

I just can't figure why someone went to the trouble of removing the fret board and truss rod , but chose not to replace the truss rod with a new one. :?
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
vojtasTS29

Post by vojtasTS29 »

I dig that. buy a control plate and you have the coolest geetar ever. I always wanted a musicmaster just to install a super distortion hotrail into the bridge and rock. I love the simplicity :)
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

Just got a message from the seller. They had the guitar listed on eBay as well. Apparently it sold on there too. They refunded me my money in full but I'm still super bummed about it. I was looking forward to this project. Bad business on their end.. "Capitol Guitars" Mineapollis, MN.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Sucks. It looked cool, I liked the white control plate and servicemanesque neck
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Fuck that wonky headstock bullshit.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
Sidney Vicious

Post by Sidney Vicious »

You were paying 200 for a refinished body - the rest was cheese - you dodged a bullet IMHO.
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

Sidney Vicious wrote:You were paying 200 for a refinished body - the rest was cheese - you dodged a bullet IMHO.
Body wasn't refinished. Original Dakota Red. Body and bridge are worth around $300 together.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

I love the body and the plastics but that neck looks like something off a Costco guitar (mostly the fretboard).
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"