Project Bronco 3000

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

Aug
Best Poster 2010

Post by Aug »

Mint FTW!!!
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

Cool.. I'm glad everyone's backing me up on the mint guard.
light rail coyote

Post by light rail coyote »

How long you going to wait to wet sand? I put my last coat on today and am probably going to do it in a week, so the paint is good and dry. for you guys who have done it before, what grit paper do you use, and what have you used for the actuall polishing?
Good jorb billy, you might beat me :lol: Next time I do this I'm going for the rattle can method, or buy a smaller paint gun. lesson learned
Fuzz monkeys are generally fed the most bananas
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

light rail coyote wrote:How long you going to wait to wet sand? I put my last coat on today and am probably going to do it in a week, so the paint is good and dry. for you guys who have done it before, what grit paper do you use, and what have you used for the actuall polishing?
Good jorb billy, you might beat me :lol: Next time I do this I'm going for the rattle can method, or buy a smaller paint gun. lesson learned
I'm just following the reranch wetsanding steps using 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1200, 1500, and 2000 grit sand papers in that order. And then the polishing process. I'm hoping to be done with the body by the end of this weekend as long as the body is completely dry enough to work on it on saturday and sunday. You'll probably finish your entire guitar before me though since even after I'm done with the body I have to get aug to make me a pickguard and he's still waiting on parts to finish the neck for me. Once I get all that back, I'll assemble it and get it going! I can't wait for the finished product!
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

Alright... Wetsanding and polishing DONE!!!! This thing looks amazing. There were a few spots I was still worried about but I think it turned out pretty damn good! This thing looks fucking hot!!!! Here it is:

This pic turned out kinda blurry for some reason... I might upload another one if I feel like it later, but my batteries in my camera are about to die.

That's it next to the LPB mustang so you have a reference of what the color looks like. I love the color that I chose!!!! I can't wait to get the neck back from aug and the pickguard and get everything put together finally!

Now, I just have to wait for the parts to get to Aug so he can finish it up. How's that coming along, Aug?

EDIT: Photobucket apparently just updated their whole system or something and is fucking this post up like courtney love did with Frances's future.
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

1-string mustangs ftw!
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

theshadowofseattle wrote:1-string mustangs ftw!
Hahaha... that was on there just to test it after I put the neck pickup in... but then the wiring for the bridge pickup was too fucked to be worked on anymore... it needs a new switch and new wiring... so I haven't gotten around to stringing it back up yet.
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

1-STRING STANG CLUB!!!!
Jagermeister

Post by Jagermeister »

wow. color's glorious there. I need a jag that color...
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

Just so you guys can see how amazing of a difference there is between the way it looks now and when I got it... It went from this:

to this:

theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

gorgeous!
RichieDagger
Child Despised

Post by RichieDagger »

That colour is awesome.

What are those brown spots on the guitar? Are they just reflections or something?
Jagermeister

Post by Jagermeister »

RichieDagger wrote:
What are those brown spots on the guitar? Are they just reflections or something?
hobo jizzum.
young 1
2 tall 2 be a jockey

Post by young 1 »

Looks fantastic.
iCEByTes

Post by iCEByTes »

amazing 3000 , very shine did very good job

Jagermeister wrote:wow. color's glorious there. I need a jag that color...
like that ?

Precise dwarf bravery
mezzio13
GOODmin

Post by mezzio13 »

Funny, that blue is more of what I'd consider LPB than the LPB Mustang sitting next to it....
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

Billy3000 wrote:Alright... Wetsanding and polishing DONE!!!! This thing looks amazing. There were a few spots I was still worried about but I think it turned out pretty damn good! This thing looks fucking hot!!!! Here it is:

This pic turned out kinda blurry for some reason... I might upload another one if I feel like it later, but my batteries in my camera are about to die.

That's it next to the LPB mustang so you have a reference of what the color looks like. I love the color that I chose!!!! I can't wait to get the neck back from aug and the pickguard and get everything put together finally!

Now, I just have to wait for the parts to get to Aug so he can finish it up. How's that coming along, Aug?

EDIT: Photobucket apparently just updated their whole system or something and is fucking this post up like courtney love did with Frances's future.

DAMN FINE JOB!!!!!!!!!

but I think we need a pic of it on a nuetral color, because the blue bedding makes it look blue green, PLease post pics of it so we can see its TRUE COLORS SHINING THROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

Thanks guys! I'm really happy with how well it turned out!

Mezz, it really is more green in person, it shows up more blue in photos though. I will try get a better picture of it on a more neutral background later today. I've got a long day and probably won't be back at my apartment til later tonight.

Richie, I don't know what brown spots you're talking about. Are you talking about in the before pic with the crappy brown finish? If so then it's just part of the crappy finish probably. There aren't any brown spots on the new green finish.

I've decided on mint for the pickguard... one of those pics that Icey posted just confirmed this decision!
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

He see's the lights reflection in your paint, and it makes it appear as a brown spot, but if you look at all the diff pics, you'll notice the spot moves.
BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen

Post by BobArsecake »

I don't know why, but I always forget Shad has that Mustang.