mustang thickness

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

vojtasTS29

mustang thickness

Post by vojtasTS29 »

Guys... As i am going to modify my fakestang in a woodshop to the vintage correct thickness... I need a few measurements in milimetres.

Neck pocket depth from the body top
the thickness of the bit that the neck is screwn to(you know, the thing under the pocket).
the neck thickness in the place where it goes to the pocket(i thnik my necks mounting thing is wayy toothick compared to a real neck...
Full body thickness is i thing 39mm, right?
Addam

Post by Addam »

38mm thickness, neck pocket 15.88mm pocket depth, supporting thickness by default is 22.12mm.
Though if you need deeper/shallower route or an angled pocket to compensate for different bridge height do so.

vojtasTS29

Post by vojtasTS29 »

And the thickness of the part of the neck that fits the pocket? Fretboard top to bottom?
Addam

Post by Addam »

I'm 99.999% sure Fender standard is bang on 1"
vojtasTS29

Post by vojtasTS29 »

Thanks :) well we'll see how my attempt to make a fake look like a legit fender turns out. :D
vojtasTS29

Post by vojtasTS29 »

Neck seems right... thank god. so it is just a case of running the body through a ?planer? don't really know the english word for the machine. Rebevel the edges and repaint. Probably will stay like it is until it gets warm enough to sand wood and spray nitro outside... :D
Johno

Post by Johno »

vojtasTS29 wrote:Neck seems right... thank god. so it is just a case of running the body through a ?planer? don't really know the english word for the machine. Rebevel the edges and repaint. Probably will stay like it is until it gets warm enough to sand wood and spray nitro outside... :D
Thicknesser/Planner machine, your local joinery shop will have one. They should probably be able to bevel the edges for you on a router table if you have the right bit, think stewmack etc stock them.
vojtasTS29

Post by vojtasTS29 »

I have a woodshop nextdoor. It is just that i knew only the czech word for the machine. :D