Question about pain when forming certain chords

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

plaidbeer

Question about pain when forming certain chords

Post by plaidbeer »

I've started taking lessons and am learning how to form chords. However, I get pain in my wrist when forming the C and G chords. Other chords are fine.

Is this normal? I've already had bilateral carpal surgery earlier this year so it's not carpal. I'm just wondering if many of you had issues with hand pain when you were learning to form C & G and about how long it took for your fingers/wrist to adjust.
Brandon W

Post by Brandon W »

not those two. I usually hear open f is the one that bothers everyone. It gets easier though through practice and if it's something to do with your surgery then you can always play bar chords and still get a full sound.
cur wrote:I need it to be smaller or I get shitty messages from mezz telling me my junk's too big.
Chico Malo wrote:This thread just went down the toilet. Bye
iCEByTes wrote:Carrot´s and pussy party ((run))
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

A rule of thumb if it aches, give it a rest
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
CapriOrange

Post by CapriOrange »

When I was teaching myself to play I had a 10 buck KMart guitar with strings like railway tracks and an action so high that you could stick your hand on the fretboard and not touch the strings. My parents used to threaten to hide it because I'd play so long my fingers bled.

It will get easier.
Can we have everything louder than everything else?