CIJ Capri Orange Mustang

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

71Smallbox

Post by 71Smallbox »

PICS DUDE.
Doug

Post by Doug »

singlepup wrote:11s are standard on short scale guitars because the added tension helps keep things stable. That said, I have 10s on my short scales with no problems. Depends on your preference more than anything.
Can you explain what you mean by "added tension helps keep things stable"...what "things"? And how does the tension do this?

Thanks, singlepup.

Doug
vojtasTS29

Post by vojtasTS29 »

The "floating" bridge is certainly stabilized much better the thicker the strings are, thus resulting in a more stable tuning.
Mattsican

Post by Mattsican »

71Smallbox wrote:PICS DUDE.
facebook.com/Steelscape
facebook.com/GetToMars
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Mattsican wrote:
71Smallbox wrote:PICS DUDE.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

dots wrote:
Mattsican wrote:
71Smallbox wrote:DICS PUDE.
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

Doug wrote:
singlepup wrote:11s are standard on short scale guitars because the added tension helps keep things stable. That said, I have 10s on my short scales with no problems. Depends on your preference more than anything.
Can you explain what you mean by "added tension helps keep things stable"...what "things"? And how does the tension do this?

Thanks, singlepup.

I'm referring to tuning stability. Here's a decent explanation: http://www.marcelroy.com/mods/bridge/tune.html
henkstroem

Post by henkstroem »

Great link that marcelroy one. My short Musicmaster experience is just that; with nines its easier to accidentally bend strings while chording, and that they bend more easily in general (with or without intent). That, and the intonation thing combine to made it sound like i started playing that same day. With thicker strings, both issues minimize.

With 11-48s one can still bend like Buddy Guy, that is the greatest single thing on the old style mm :D
Doug

Post by Doug »

singlepup wrote:
Doug wrote:

Thanks, singlepup.

I'm referring to tuning stability. Here's a decent explanation: http://www.marcelroy.com/mods/bridge/tune.html
Thanks much, Singlepup!
Doug