I also bought PRS guitar.

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

GreenCustom24

I also bought PRS guitar.

Post by GreenCustom24 »

Ran into this on Craigslist a couple weeks back. Posted by a local pawn shop who had JUST put it out on the floor. Very next morning I got up early to go check it out and wound up putting it on layaway. Got a crazy deal on it ($1700 in damn near mint condition. $3300 retail...) so I couldn't pass it up. Taxes came in WAY sooner than I thought, so I went and picked it up the other day.

PRS Mark Tremonti signature. Totally stock except the Dunlop strap locks I added. I'll probably get burned for even liking this, but whatever. haha I love it. It's my new favorite. Nicest playing guitar I've ever touched.

speedfish

Post by speedfish »

Congrats! Beautiful top! Could you post a pic of the back where the neck joins the body?
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

You paid $1,700 to play a signiture model guitar from that guy from Creed.

But if you're happy about that then I'm happy for you
GreenCustom24

Post by GreenCustom24 »

Alter Bridge, but also yes. Haha Alter Bridge and his solo act "Tremonti" kick the crap out of anything Creed could've ever been because of Scott Stapp. Tremonti is basically my idol, if it's not douchey for 28 year old man to have idols...

I'll grab a picture of the neck joint tonight.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

When you lose your idols you turn into a whiny grumpy dickhead, so enjoy having one. Heroes should exist. I am my own idol, haven't issued my signature guitar yet though. I send thousands of letters to Fender every week. They tell me to fuck off. Ain't gonna ever give up.
Nice guitar, congrats
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
GreenCustom24

Post by GreenCustom24 »

speedfish wrote:Congrats! Beautiful top! Could you post a pic of the back where the neck joins the body?
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

GreenCustom24 wrote:
speedfish wrote:Congrats! Beautiful top! Could you post a pic of the back where the neck joins the body?

Thanks for the pics! Access looks better on yours than on most set neck single cut guitars.
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
GreenCustom24

Post by GreenCustom24 »

Yeah. I'm generally a rhythm player anyway so I don't go above the 12th fret all that often, but when I do the thumb access is great.
Brandon W

Post by Brandon W »

hey as long as you like it bro that's all that matters..

i am not a fan of prs but that's just me
cur wrote:I need it to be smaller or I get shitty messages from mezz telling me my junk's too big.
Chico Malo wrote:This thread just went down the toilet. Bye
iCEByTes wrote:Carrot´s and pussy party ((run))
Addam

Post by Addam »

brandonwinmill wrote:i am not a fan of prs but that's just me
The PRS concept of the best of Fender and the best of Gibson melded together to make an über guitar is rather appealing, but the over use of (weird colored) flamed maple and bird inlays kinda shit on those aspirations IMO.
JJLipton

Post by JJLipton »

Now that is a damn fine machine. I would take a PRS SC or ESP EC over a Gibson any day.
GreenCustom24

Post by GreenCustom24 »

JJLipton wrote:Now that is a damn fine machine. I would take a PRS SC or ESP EC over a Gibson any day.
Thanks! I agree. I like Les Paul's and stuff, but this thing is just incredible. I also like the EC1000's. Could do without the EMGs though. Put some "nicer" (I know it's mostly subjective) pickups in there and they're fantastic guitars.