Hipshot bridge drops in

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Don

Hipshot bridge drops in

Post by Don »

I don't know how useful this information is, but I thought I'd share it. I have a Mustang Pawnshop Special, it's the hardtail with two humbuckers. I didn't like the bridge, so I cruised eBay for a while and found a Hipshot hardtail bridge. Took off the stock bridge and darned if the Hipshot didn't line up perfectly?! No dowelling/filling/drilling at all. Literally a 15 minute operation, and most of that was restringing.

The Hipshot bridge is this one: http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.p ... tail&p=163

It feels a lot nicer under the heel of my hand than the stock one. Not sure there's any difference in tone.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Very nice, but at a price. Welcome aboard.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Good info, got a photo?
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Don

Post by Don »

Here's a photo.

http://goo.gl/QMn8mQ
Last edited by Don on Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NickS

Post by NickS »

You have to be logged into a Google account to use that link. At least, it takes me to a log-in page.
Don

Post by Don »

Try it now? Trying to share with Google Photos for the first time, anonymously.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Photo worked for me. Don't think I have a Google account.

Have you got a Japanese or Mexican one Don?
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Don

Post by Don »

It's a Mexican one. I actually got it for my son, who's 12 and learning, but it plays so nicely that I find myself grabbing it, too. Not messing with it, apart from the bridge swap.

The project of the moment is a Squier Mini I'm refurbing for my 8 year old daughter, who's learning, too...
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

I've got a blue MIJ one. It's a lovely guitar. I know the necks were different on the Mexican ones but assume the bridges were the same.

Funnily enough I wanted to get a Squier Mini (or something similar) for my daughter at some point. She's only 5 atm but maybe in a year or two. Would be interested to see how you get on with yours.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
NickS

Post by NickS »

I can see it now and it looks good installed.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Yeah thanks for posting.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Brandon W

Post by Brandon W »

I like hipshot's stuff.. i have a hipshot tuner on a guitar and it's rad.. the whole tuner rotates and turns when you flip this thing down.. i had seen them on basses but never a guitar until this one and i'm glad it has it.. open it up and it drops a full step.. close it and it's back up one. stays in tune really well.. unexpected.
cur wrote:I need it to be smaller or I get shitty messages from mezz telling me my junk's too big.
Chico Malo wrote:This thread just went down the toilet. Bye
iCEByTes wrote:Carrot´s and pussy party ((run))