Sparkly Guitar for Robroe

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

speedfish

Sparkly Guitar for Robroe

Post by speedfish »

Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Because that sanded off decal looks so much better than it just saying Squier.

Ugh
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

I had the scumbag red equivalent, which was almost as yucky.

I think i still have the body somewhere.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

lol that red suuckked.

I bought one cheap from the jagstang classifieds years ago. The dick kept my money for 2-3 weeks before shipping it out. He finally did, neck off with no padding whatsoever and it arrived all banged up. Ebayed it as it was 3 days later and made most of my money back.
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

Didn't notice the absence of Squier from the headstock. It is pathetic and lame that someone would feel the need to remove it.

I'd like to see that red one.

Mine after upgrades.
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

jcyphe wrote:Not mine but this model.

http://blogs.c.yimg.jp/res/blog-7b-09/a ... 1448770592

When you get down close to the finish, does it look CAR or like red glitter sprinkled over the body and then shot with clear?
Disciple of Pain

Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Nick wrote:Because that sanded off decal looks so much better than it just saying Squier.

Ugh
THIS is waht u want.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

speedfish wrote:

When you get down close to the finish, does it look CAR or like red glitter sprinkled over the body and then shot with clear?
it was a smooth finish but the color of badly rattlecanned CAR using the wrong base primer. It was metalic, but dark and not as reflective in soft lighting as the real thing.
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

Nick wrote:
speedfish wrote:

it was a smooth finish but the color of badly rattlecanned CAR using the wrong base primer. It was metalic, but dark and not as reflective in soft lighting as the real thing.
I've seen the CAR with white or tort pickguard. Not in life, just on the net. To bad they didn't do red with sprinkles.
Disciple of Pain

jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Nick wrote:
speedfish wrote:

Yes, this exactly!

It doesn't have any of the good qualities of a nice CAR finish. It's muted, just a very dull finish. I stripped the body to do a refin but then I decided to leave it as a "test body" because it has a big swimming pool route but it's in a pile of parts somewhere. I think the neck went on one of the first shortscale.org builds, the Shadmaster.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

Y'all I seriously was thinking about my dear Jagmaster recently and I'm wondering who has it now. It was so good.
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

Sloan wrote:Y'all I seriously was thinking about my dear Jagmaster recently and I'm wondering who has it now. It was so good.

Sloan,

this one looks sharp.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Squier-J ... SwCGVX~C4G
Disciple of Pain

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

speedfish wrote:Didn't notice the absence of Squier from the headstock. It is pathetic and lame that someone would feel the need to remove it.

I'd like to see that red one.

Mine after upgrades.

see this isn't that bad. its the black pickguard that makes it look like a 30 dollar guitar
dots wrote:incesticide