Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Freethenoise

Post by Freethenoise »

Fuck, that's pretty.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

JohnnyTheBoy wrote:
Fakir Mustache wrote:Hawt. 110V or 240V transfomer on that?.

Well its a Triad 68249, which I believe is an export model between 117-240v. It may even be adjustable but am unsure.

HNB wrote:Excellent resurrection! Great job with the new tolex

Cheers my man, it was actually a lot easier than I thought as it's a 4 piece assembly. Just took my time.. Had a few hiccups as can be expected, but overall am well chuffed with it!

Thanks for all the encouragement dudes!! Has been worth the grief ha ha!
Johnny.
I could be wrong, but I'm not sure it's original, I think export models were only produced later, something like from 1965 or 66.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

JohnnyTheBoy wrote:
Bacchus wrote:Nice. I'm actually really impressed the tolex held up to nitromors at all.
The nitromors you get nowadays is a pile of wank! I stripped lacquer off alloy wheels with the old recipe and you could see it bubbling in next to no time! Burnt yer skin like fook too! I used 2 cans of the new stuff and totally wasted about £15 on it :cry:
Firstly absolutely fantastic work, the amp looks completely beautiful now - so wonderful the work you've done

Secondly a big fat +1 on the toss Nitromors. I bought some recently after hearing everyone talk about how "evil" it is and whatnot for stripping thick lacquered guitars when I needed to strip the old thick layers of paint from the staircase my old house I'm sorting out bit by bit. It was completely useless. Two complete double applications, all the waiting and scraping and nothing. Totally ineffective against anything but very thin paint.

In the end I had to buy a hot air gun and do it the slow, unpleasant hard way. Was worth it in the end but seriously, that stuff is not worth even trying.
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

So gorgeous, well done!
www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
JohnnyTheBoy

Post by JohnnyTheBoy »

Mike wrote:
JohnnyTheBoy wrote:
Bacchus wrote:Nice. I'm actually really impressed the tolex held up to nitromors at all.
The nitromors you get nowadays is a pile of wank! I stripped lacquer off alloy wheels with the old recipe and you could see it bubbling in next to no time! Burnt yer skin like fook too! I used 2 cans of the new stuff and totally wasted about £15 on it :cry:
Firstly absolutely fantastic work, the amp looks completely beautiful now - so wonderful the work you've done

Secondly a big fat +1 on the toss Nitromors. I bought some recently after hearing everyone talk about how "evil" it is and whatnot for stripping thick lacquered guitars when I needed to strip the old thick layers of paint from the staircase my old house I'm sorting out bit by bit. It was completely useless. Two complete double applications, all the waiting and scraping and nothing. Totally ineffective against anything but very thin paint.

In the end I had to buy a hot air gun and do it the slow, unpleasant hard way. Was worth it in the end but seriously, that stuff is not worth even trying.
Cheers Mike! It took me a while, but I've tried to get it back to how it should be. My Amp Tech encouraged me this past few months, and he was as bad as me. There's a few little tweaks to make it run smoother, and he even did a tube shootout to get the best sound.
Yeh the old nitromors was most definitely evil! But I've wasted £20 on the new shit. Hot-air guns certainly do the job quicker if a bit fumey, I recently stripped 3 bannisters, so feel your pain!
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Thank god for brexit, and we can get our country nitromors back!
Concretebadger

Post by Concretebadger »

Wow, nice work! That amp looks bloody fantastic now.

Congrats on the wedding and your new arrival too - I'm glad to see things have settled down well for you. Congrats to you both! :D