White Opal Jazzmaster HH-NEW!

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

paul_ wrote: I think it became a commonplace sight due to people concealing shoddy route work and/or having a pickguard route that was too wide for a bucker (like jags and jazzies) while now it's just sort of been around as a thing long enough that people are trying it from the get-go... which I agree doesn't make a lot of sense, I'll admit to having a soft spot for teh Kurdtz's Jag but not many other guitars to bear this combo.

I do see it making sense to some on big-pickguarded SGs though, because of the string angle. The rings on the original SGs were slanted because the neck is pitched back, so the strings get closer to the body toward the neck. I generally stick foam under the bridge-side of both pickups on my bigguard ones, but you'll see many (including an Angus Young sig model) just go with rings on top. It lets you get the polepieces closer to the strings.
► Show Spoiler
That's very informative, thank you!
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Gomer

Post by Gomer »

Pickguards are truly the red shirts of guitars. Incredibly vulnerable to early dispatch.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

NEEDS TORT. HIDE ALL THAT BLACK SHIT
dots wrote:incesticide
jagsonic

Post by jagsonic »

My bandmate got one of these. The zebras aren't black-white but black-chrome! :shock:

Plays and sounds good 8)

[youtube][/youtube]