Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Orange Micro or Mirco Dark Terror.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Peavey Classic 20 is an old discontinued tube combo (not the modern head), the younger brother of Classic 30. It has a socket for headphones to play at home and a 10" speaker to play in the garage. I never tried it, but considered to buy. It had good reviews. Sometimes they appear on ebay for$300 - 350

But tbh a usb card + some guitar software is the most practical decision. I understood that after having my Laney Cub 10 for 5 years now - I barely play it.
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

StevePirates wrote:These are all very good suggestions. I've got a Boss ME-50 that I use with headphones when I want to be dead silent. I'll have to look into that Mesa. What I "want" for no particularly valid reason is to make the Deluxe Reverb work in a sensible manner. I can't justify the expense for an amp I use once a month or every other month. Maybe it's better to stick with headphones for now.

Thank you all.
I'm in the exact situation myself.
I understand wanting an amp and listing after a deluxe reverb, spent so much time doing it myself

But it would be a silly waste of cash if you're not going to be able to play it week in week out

I play with headphones, that's my game currently
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I like that my amp switches down from something like 70w to something like 1 or 2w. When it's switched to be as low-powered as it goes, it's much quieter than say the Valve Junior or Fender Champion 600 that I also have.

Matamp have a new Minimat coming out, that doesn't look as Matampy as the usual stuff and looks a bit new and modern.

Probably none of this is useful because you're stateside, but y'know.

StevePirates

Post by StevePirates »

Honestly, I think this set of advice has convinced me that I'd probably be better off getting a nice solid state practice amp.
Hell is other people.
bradzeera

Post by bradzeera »

I lurk here occassionally, but I had to chime in on this thread. The 68 Custom Deluxe Reverb is the way to go, it is probably the coolest amp out (in terms of what it is). They are pricey but the channels are essentially Tweed and Blackface with Tremolo and Reverb on both (65DRRI's don't), and they take pedals REALLY well.
But you could get a used Supersonic 22 way cheaper, that just has a gain channel and fx loop instead of Trem.
So my advice (for what it's worth): If you use dirt pedals - get the 68 Custom, if you use amp gain - Supersonic 22. You can jam with a band with either and they both get all the nice Fender-y sounds (not to mention plays nice with every pedal I've used).
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Noirie. wrote:Orange Micro or Mirco Dark Terror.
Those are just about the worst bedroom amps you can get. The volume jumps from too quiet to super loud for all the rooms nearby. A regular Micro Terror with a 12AU7 might do the trick, but it's not the best choice, and the tonal and distortion palette is super limited, so you'd probably need dirt and eq pedals.

Also tried a 12AU7 in a Micro Dark, and it doesn't reduce the volume in that one.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Zt lunchbox sounds good at any level and takes pedals really well.

And you can use it as a head if you get gigs.
XY
StevePirates

Post by StevePirates »

A very jangly Xmas. The master volume makes it workable at bedroom levels, and man, it sounds good loud.

Hell is other people.
George

Post by George »

Nice work. Love my ac15
Brandon W

Post by Brandon W »

awesome..
cur wrote:I need it to be smaller or I get shitty messages from mezz telling me my junk's too big.
Chico Malo wrote:This thread just went down the toilet. Bye
iCEByTes wrote:Carrot´s and pussy party ((run))
henkstroem

Post by henkstroem »

I've solved a similar issue with a 5e3 which i want to use with bands (could be dr or any other, depends on what you like) and a tech 21 pedal that models a similar amp. Pedal makes the sound at home or in places where 12w is too much and tube combo works as pa, and when volume is ok ive got the real thing at hand. They cost around 150 bucks so no big deal budget-wise. Theres also joyo clones, although they have speaker sim on all the time so not as good, but certainly $25 good i understand.

Tech21 gives the line out recording/quiet rehearsal bonus too.
chemistforhire

Post by chemistforhire »

I saw this the other day while perusing reverb. I don't know how viable this is but it is an option.

http://www.oldbloodnoise.com/pedals/headphone-amp

or

http://www.ehx.com/products/headphone-amp
Mad-Mike

Post by Mad-Mike »

This is my Bedroom Amp - I picked it up for $30 because they could not find the power supply in back (they're usually $99.99) - I use a Zip Drive power supply on it, for $1.99 from Goodwill. Not a bad sound on it, clean or distorted. Also editable via computer. The only things it won't do is pitch shifting and fuzz - which I don't mind being outboard effects boxes anyway (actually, I prefer it that way).

It's also my YouTube/Home Studio amp as well.

Blackstar IDCORE 10 Stereo

It's Me
chemistforhire

Post by chemistforhire »

Saw an email about this pedal in my inbox. Seems pretty cool but pricey.

[youtube][/youtube]
chemistforhire

Post by chemistforhire »

Since I was in a similar situation I started researching possible solutions. I wanted to use my pedal board and was not into using smartphone/tablet/computer based solutions for headphone amps. Then it occurred to me I could probably rig something up to work with some pedals I have that currently are not on my board.

First thing I tried was playing through an old Line 6 pocket pod I had into headphone out. It was ok but I did not like the clean amp sims on it and I did not think it took pedals well.

Second attempt was using a Zoom G3 multi effects pedal I had that has a headphone out. Again I did not really dig the amp/cab sims on it and the sound quality through headphone out was not spectacular.

I was about to call it quits when I realized my looper has a headphones out option and its pretty good. As a preamp with cab sim I used the Joyo american sound pedal I had lying around. This setup is perfect. Sound quality is very good, and the looper has built in metronome and record abilities which come in handy when practicing. With this set up I get a very convincing Fender deluxe reverb clean sound. So my signal chain is Guitar > compresser > overdrives > Joyo American Sounds > Delays > reverbs > Stereo in to Digitech Jamman Stereo looper > headphones.
Johno

Post by Johno »

I have been tempted to buy one the new Boss Katana amps, most likely the 50watt. I has a headphone socket a USB Line out & loud enough for gigs.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Unless Boss are doing some voodoo in the power amp and/or speaker efficiency department, I'd plump for the 100w for gigs, chief.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Johno

Post by Johno »

Doog wrote:Unless Boss are doing some voodoo in the power amp and/or speaker efficiency department, I'd plump for the 100w for gigs, chief.
Yep, I read that. Think I will get a 50watt and try it out at a rehearsal, if it copes with a full band then cool otherwise will return it for the 100watt.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

you guys all left out EXCELSIOR

13 watts. 15" speaker. little amp, big balls.

[youtube][/youtube]

Here it is A/B with an Eric Clapton Signature Fender Tremulux

[youtube][/youtube]

Jack Black Review
[youtube][/youtube]
dots wrote:incesticide